DUTY STATION: MWANZA
We are looking for an experienced and responsible Warehouse Officer to join our team.
WARE HOUSE OFFICER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with government procedures, and shipping requirement by studying existing and new registration; enforcing adherence to requirement; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layout; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisition for replacement.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Completes warehouse operational requirement by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge of the warehouse.
- Review existing policies and procedures
- Conduct risk assessment
- Enforce preventative measures
- Identify process bottlenecks and offer timely solutions
- Check if all the employees are acting in adherence with rules and regulations of warehouse.
WARE HOUSE OFFICER REQUIREMENT AND QUALIFICATION
- At least 10 years of experience as a Ware House Officer or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of Materials Handling
- Age should be 35yrs-45yrs
- Excellent knowledge of handling potentially hazardous materials or tools
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Knowledge of ware house software packages and MS Office proficiency
- Working knowledge of safety management information system
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Should possess valid driving license and be able to operate forklift.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BSc/BA in Materials Management, logistics, supply Chain management or similar related field
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidate should send their CV and Cover Letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com before 04 th April,2020.
Only qualified candidate shall be contacted, female candidate are highly encourage to apply.