Title: Women Volunteering Opportunities at TATU Project
TATU Project is a non-profit organization that facilitates equal and sustainable development for the rural community of Msitu wa Tembo and Londoto in Northern Tanzania. We address community needs and build effective solutions through active collaboration with members of the community and relevant stakeholders.
W.E. Care’s predominant focus is on community empowerment. The program encompasses projects that allow the women to become educated in health issues, business knowledge and other practical skills and enable them to become empowered to deliver the knowledge to their community in a way that benefits all involved.
KiliPads aims to increase the level of knowledge regarding menstruation management and to decrease the social stigma surrounding it; while also making and selling reusable sanitary pads to increase the resources available to women in the community to help manage their menstruation.
GENERAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Making sure the women are consistently making quality sanitary pads
- Review the packaging and labeling
- Test the product and make necessary improvements.
- Set up the business.
- Raise awareness about feminine hygiene in the community through a “marketing/awareness campaign”
- Plan, implement and coordinate the activities
- Record, report and file all the project information
- Conduct trainings, meetings, discussions on the field
- Ensure proper communication between all actors involved
- Monitor and evaluation of the project
Background in at least one of the following fields is highly preferable:
- Global health
- Project management
- International cooperation/development
- The volunteer position is UNPAID.
- The minimum time commitment is 4 months, but there are opportunities to extend on mutual agreement
- VISA, flights and health insurance are not included
- The volunteer house and office is located in Moshi, Tanzania
- The working week will mainly consist of office hours with one or two days working on the field
- Live and work abroad at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Moshi, Tanzania with an international NGO.
- Conduct field work supporting and working with local communities and gain strong hands on experience
- Work with a diverse international team while learning about sustainability and international development.
- Experience in collaborating with local & international partner organizations.
- A dedicated, friendly team and positive, dynamic working environment.
- Participate in day trips and activities in and around Moshi.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “W.E Care Coordinator”
Closing date: 29 Feb 2020.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.