– ‘’ Trade Finance Officer”
I. ABOUT US
Compagnie Générale de Banque Plc (COGEBANQUE Plc) is a commercial bank that is licensed and regulated by the National Bank of Rwanda (BNR). It was incorporated on July 17, 1999, and currently has 28 branches, over 600 agents and 36 ATM Machines across the country so far.
Cogebanque Plc is proudly one of the leading indigenous banks with about 97% of its shareholders being Rwandese institutions and businessmen. Cogebanque Plc provides a comprehensive range of products and services targeted at Corporate, SMEs, and retail customers.
To create, maintain, and enhance shareholder value by providing unrivaled financial solutions to our customers.
To be a financial center of excel- lance and a leading provider of innovative financial solutions in Rwanda.
Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, Flexibility, Open Communication, Accountability, and Customer orientation.
II. WHAT OPPORTUNITIES DO WE HAVE FOR YOU?
At Cogebanque we believe our Employees are the bridge to achieving our business development goals and creating sustainable social and economic change in our society. We make it our priority to ensure their growth and comfort while working with the Bank.
Apart from organizing frequent training, career-building sessions, and team-building workshops for our Employees, we facilitate you to enjoy our wide range of services and products at favorable terms that ultimately could help you achieve your personal goals.
In view of the above, Cogebanque Plc is looking External & internally for inspired innovators, self-driven, and highly creative personalities to collaborate with the Bank in taking it to the next level of success. If you feel you have what it takes, we would like to hear from you by applying for the below position/s.
02. Trade Finance Officer
Responsible for implementing strategies to grow the bank’s trade finance business portfolio in line with the bank’s business plan and policies.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Banking, Economics or another related field
- Minimum of 3 Years in SME Business Banking Relationship with Knowledge in International Trade
General and Behavioral
- Good leadership skills;
- Sufficient knowledge of modern management techniques and best practices;
- Personal qualities such as autonomy, dynamism, efficiency, and efficacy;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication
- High level of creativity and innovation
- Good planning and organization skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good problem solving and analysis
- Excellent relationship building and networking
- Perform day-to-day operational tasks of trade finance transactional processing;
- Deliver services in line with agreed service standards documented between the Branches and Trade Finance Processing Centre;
- Liaise with customers on their trade requirements and maintain good rapport with them at all times;
- To ensure compliance with guidelines and policies as documented in the Bank’s Manuals as well as external rules and regulations governing trade finance operations;
- Provide technical support to Business Units RM & Trade marketing staff;
- Check and authorize all import and export documentation such as letters of credit, shipping guarantees, and import/export bills.