POSITION: TEACHER OF BIOLOGY
Reporting to: ACADEMIC DIRECTOR (Principal) & DEPUTY ACADEMIC DIRECTOR
LOCATION: RUBONA – RWAMAGANA, EASTERN PROVINCE
Mission Statement of Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village:
Through healing, education, and love, the Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village empowers orphaned and vulnerable Rwandan youth to build lives of dignity and contribute to a better world.
Core Values: Our core values inspire all our work, focusing our staff on the best interests
of the child and helping our students to create a community dedicated to building
empowered and self-reliant lives. They are:
Commitment: Embrace the mission and go the extra-mile
Respect: Be considerate and mindful of others and the environment
Role model: Live and lead by example in a positive way
Interest of Child: Base every decision on how it impacts the child
Support: Help and encourage one another
Integrity: Always be honest with yourself and others and act accordingly
Learning Community: Seek and maximize opportunity for growth and development
With a strong background in education, being a professional schoolteacher requires a person with both subject content knowledge (SCK), pedagogical content knowledge (PCK) and student support and guidance on academic improvement. A professional teacher ought to have abilities to design and implement a suitable scheme of work and a lesson plan.
In his/her daily work, a teacher, fulfills roles, duties and responsibilities, which are primarily of the pedagogic aspect.
Within this framework, it is asked of him/her:
1. To prepare a scheme of work and lesson plans for the subject(s) he/she teaches adhering to REB and Liquidnet Family High School (LFHS) standards and format accordingly.
2. To use teaching strategies that keep students engaged through effective teaching methods, lively student presentations, projects and practical work in line with the curriculum.
3. To help students set goals and work with the class to help them attain these goals
in the subject they teach.
4. To participate in school assemblies, meetings and other school events.
5. To participate in teaching training sessions and stay up to date with current
teaching methods, practices and any new knowledge in their teaching field.
6. To manage students’ behavior in the classroom and on school premises and apply
appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior using Discussion,
Negotiation and Agreement (DNA) methodology.
7. Keep an organized and orderly classroom that promotes creativity and learning.
8. To prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate and report
9. To establish and maintain good working relationship with students and ensure
inclusiveness in the classroom.
10. To select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including
use of technology in the classroom.
11. To participate in and organize academic activities outside the classroom, such as
field trips, seminars, language day, science day etc.
12. To maintain records of class attendance and recording student academic progress.
13. To advise and follow up on how to make individual low performing students
14. To actively participate in analysis of students’ performance in their subject area
and give professional feedback to students.
15. To implement effective student management consistent with the school’s strategic
plan emanating from the school philosophy.
16. To interact with students and offer advice regarding social and academic aspects.
17. To assist low performing learners either in groups or one by one.
18. To put into proper use all the school materials (be accountable)
19. To use DNA in different pedagogic issues:
Between students and teachers
• Perform other professional activities as requested by her/his supervisor as and
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
✓ Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education with preferably two teaching subjects Biology included.
✓ Minimum of 3 year of experience in teaching in a recognized secondary school.
✓ Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills in English Language
or any other language of instruction.
✓ Demonstrated effectiveness in working with students and fellow teachers as well.
✓ Better understanding of LFHS and ASYV philosophy and its core values.
✓ Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Internet and Power Point is a prerequisite
✓ Cooperative and self-motivated
✓ Must be willing to live in the village at Rwamagana.
The post Teacher Of Biology at Agahozo Shalom Youth Village appeared first on JobWebRwanda.