Need an effective teacher job description samples that can get you only qualified teachers for your open position? Our compiled teacher job description samples will help you in crafting the perfect job description to use for your vacant teacher position.
Are you a teacher looking for a vacant teacher position? Going through our compiled teacher job description samples will give you an insight on all the requirements, responsibilities, and duties of a teacher.
Teacher Job Description Samples
Below are effective teacher job description samples that can serve the purpose of getting you qualified candidates for your vacant position as an employer, and can also help job seekers learn more about what is required of them.
Teacher Job Description Sample #1
Teacher job description summary
At XYZ School, we believe teachers are integral to preparing students for the world. We’re looking for an experienced teacher to plan, organize, and implement an approved curriculum in a learning environment that encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Our ideal candidate will tailor educational plans to help all students develop intellectually, socially, and emotionally. S/He should be passionate about the subject they teach, their students, and their job, with a desire to make real connections based on mutual respect and trust. Above all, the goal is to cultivate a learning experience that is organized, meaningful, and enjoyable.
Objectives of this Role
- Foster interdisciplinary learning, teaching, and instruction according to national curriculum standards, and the educational needs and abilities of individuals and groups of students
- Create a classroom culture that is welcoming, positive, and devotes the majority of time to instruction rather than discipline
- Plan, prepare, and teach lessons, promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students and groups of students
- Drive outstanding student achievement for all students in your classroom and support colleagues in driving student achievement school-wide
- Communicate, cooperate, and consult with school staff, and parents/guardians in the students’ best interest
- Build knowledge by attending continuing education seminars
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Utilize a wide variety of teaching methods to create differentiated opportunities for deep understanding for all learners, including students with special needs
- Create and distribute educational supports, including reading material, activities, homework assignments, sharing lessons in a comprehensive manner, using visual/audio accompaniments to facilitate interactive learning
- Assess and evaluate student growth; creating action plans on class-wide, group-wide and individual basis in response to student data
- Assess, record, and report on development, progress, and behavior of students, issuing grades, progress reports, and report cards
- Plan, execute, and chaperone educational in-class, and outdoor activities and events
Skills and Qualifications
- Teaching degree, or in a degree in a specialized subject with a certificate in education
- Thorough knowledge of best practices and legal guidelines, and willingness to adhere to the school’s procedures and policies
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Can pass a background check
- Creative, positive, and energetic disposition
- Proficiency in CPR
Teacher Job Description Sample #2
Teacher job description summary
The teacher will be responsible for presenting and explaining learning materials and educating students on new subjects. The teacher will communicate their subject matter by using lectures, printed, visual, audio and/or video materials. They must create a curriculum, form daily lesson plans, and prepare all lesson materials. In class, teachers may lecture on a specific subject and/or assign work, projects, and tests to help build knowledge and assess the students’ overall performance in a class. The teacher will also be responsible for maintaining and managing their classrooms and take disciplinary action when needed. In order to educate their class and ensure success, teachers should maintain a positive attitude, be energetic about the subjects they teach, and share a passion for learning themselves.
Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate a hunger for knowledge among students and engage them to learn
- Help set goals for students and work with the class to help them attain these goals
- Keep an organized and orderly classroom that promotes creativity and learning
- Plan curriculum for the school year
- Create and prepare daily lesson plans for appropriate age and learning skill level, making adjustments when needed
- Create and/or print out instructional material for classroom use
- Lead daily lesson plans, teaching the intended subject matter and answering any questions the students may have
- Keep track of role and ensure students are attending and participating in class
- Assign work by means of in-class worksheets, projects, homework, presentations, reports, etc.
- Assess performance by grading work and giving tests
- Keep grading book and submit at end of each term
- Help students one-on-one who need extra assistance
- Set classroom rules and expectations
- Discipline students (according to school policy) when necessary
- Be active in the school community and events
- Participate in teaching training sessions and stay up to date with current teaching methods, practices and any new knowledge in your field
- Report to school board committees
- Set up and lead teacher/parent student-assessment conferences
Teacher Requirements and Qualifications
- A compassionate and confident leader
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Clear, consistent and respectful communicator
- Attentive listener
- Creative and able to create a fun learning environment
- High level of patience with experience as a mediator
- Keeps a positive attitude and can control emotions
- Efficient time management
- Ability to take on many tasks at once and prioritize them by importance and relevance
- Good at problem-solving quickly under pressure
- Excellent collaborator
- Strong disciplinarian
- Outstanding critical thinking abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Good classroom management
- Proficient in the subject(s) you will be teaching
- Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching, Education or related subject (for Kindergarten, Elementary and High Schools)
- State-issued teaching certification
- Relevant experience (student teaching)
- Continued Education Programs (if required by state)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Pass a state-enforced background check
- Upstanding ethics and integrity
- A passion for learning and sharing your knowledge with others
- Interest in or capability to coach sports, or advise other student groups
- Proficient with technology, including audiovisual devices/aides, projectors, and other adaptations
Teacher Job Description Sample #3
Teacher job description summary
We are looking to hire a talented Teacher to join our existing top-notch team. If you’re excited to be part of a winning team, our school is a great school for you.
Responsibilities for Teacher
- Develop curriculum to meet developmental goals and instructional activities
- Prepare lesson materials, grade papers, manage the classroom, and evaluate and give feedback to students
- Exercise open and respectful communication with families, co-workers, supervisors, and other school staff
- Measure progress and accomplishments of students towards their academic achievements on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required
- Create and keep records on attendance, accidents, incidents, and other noteworthy events in accordance with licensing guidelines and program policies
- Attend conferences and workshops in order to further advance professional development
- Manage student behavior in accordance with outlined guidelines
- Provide a safe, thriving, and respectful environment for all students in the classroom and on the school campus
Qualifications for Teacher
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Teaching credential/certificate/license for corresponding age/grade level
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships effectively and professionally with families and students
- Experience developing and implementing curriculum
- Physical ability to handle frequent sitting, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling, and moving throughout the room
- Proven ability to maintain a safe and studious classroom environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum
Teacher Job Description Sample #4
Teacher job description summary
We are looking for a committed Teacher to complement our qualified workforce of educators. You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process.
The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
- Proven experience as a teacher
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Knowledge of CPR
- Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in education;
Teacher Job Description Sample #5
Teacher job description summary
We are on the hunt for a self-motivated and experienced Teacher to join our qualified team of educators. As a Teacher, you will be responsible for cultivating the students’ interest in education and development. Your responsibilities will include grading assignments, evaluating students’ progress, and planning educational activities.
You should be a competent professional with in-depth knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational processes. In addition to having excellent written and verbal communication skills, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate outstanding presentation and interpersonal abilities.
- Develop and issue educational content including notes, tests, and assignments.
- Supervise classes to ensure all students are learning in a safe and productive environment.
- Organize supplies and resources for lectures and presentations.
- Deliver personalized instruction to each student by encouraging interactive learning.
- Plan and implement educational activities and events.
- Ensure your classroom is clean and orderly.
- Prepare and distribute periodic progress reports and semester report cards.
- Attend parent-teacher meetings.
- Evaluate and document students’ progress.
- Allocate and grade homework, assignments, and tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Teaching or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a teacher.
- In-depth knowledge of teaching methods and legal educational procedures.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-organized with excellent leadership abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills.
Finding a qualified teacher begins with an effective teacher job description. If your teacher job description is straightforward, you’ll attract only strong qualified candidates.
Are you a qualified teacher? Check out our available Jobs for Teachers
I hope you enjoyed my article on effective teacher job description samples.
Now I’d like to hear what you have to say:
Which sample from today’s article do you want to try first?
Are you going to try sample 1 or sample 4?
Either way, share your thoughts .
Image credit: shutterstock