Sightsavers is recruiting for a Senior Technical Lead – Disability Inclusion for an anticipated six-year, DFID-funded education programme in Tanzania. Shule Bora (Quality School) seeks to improve quality, inclusiveness, and safety of learning for all 11.5 million girls and boys in government pre-primary and primary schools in Tanzania. In addition to providing support to government systems at the national level, Shule Bora will provide additional focused support to an estimated 4.4 million children in 9 regions.
Contract: Two Year Fixed Term (with possibility of extension)
Location: Dodoma, Tanzania
Salary: circa TZS 135,679,124 per annum. Local terms and conditions apply including regional benefits
About the role:
The Senior Technical Lead – Disability Inclusion will be based in Dodoma and will work closely with the Government of Tanzania, Ministry of Education Science and Technology (MoEST), the President’s Office Regional and Local Government (PO-RALG), Regional Governments, District Governments and other key stakeholders to collaboratively achieve the Shule Bora Outcome related to disability: ‘Children with disabilities access and learn in schools’ (one of four Programme Outcomes).
The Senior Technical Lead – Disability Inclusion will be required to:
- Design, develop and support the implementation of project interventions to address the inclusion of children with disabilities in education
- Provide technical guidance and quality assurance to project interventions designed specifically to address problems related to children with disabilities
- Provide oversight across the programme to ensure that all interventions across all four outcomes are disability inclusive
- Work closely with monitoring, evaluation, learning and research teams to ensure that interventions are informed by, and generate evidence, to adapt to become more efficient and effective (implementation research)
- Manage a team (based in Dodoma, and across the 9 implementation regions) to oversee disability inclusive project interventions
This is an involved role, please read the full job description
The ideal candidate will have strategic leadership experience and technical level expertise in both disability and education. You will have the ability to represent the organisation; build collaboration and develop partnerships with external stakeholders, especially in governments and local organisations.
It is anticipated that you will be a Tanzanian national with strong connections to the Tanzanian Ministry of Education. You will possess excellent oral and written English language skills and knowledge of Swahili would be a real advantage.
Preferred experience/ qualifications for the Senior Technical Lead – Disability Inclusion:
We will review and assess applications upon receipt. Unfortunately, we cannot accept CVs for this position, unless accompanying a completed application made via our recruitment portal. Sightsavers is preparing to bid for this programme and this role is dependent upon the outcome of that process.
Closing date: We will review and assess applications upon receipt so please complete your application as soon as you are able to after reviewing the job description
Interviews: We anticipate that remote interviews will be held in early September 2020
Closing Date : 16th August, 2020.