Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 45 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania. wishes to recruit a Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – Sauti Project.
Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer [one position based in Shinyanga overseeing Tabora and Singida]
Based in Shinyanga, the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will ensure implementation of Sauti data analysis, reporting, use and supervision. S/he will know status of project performance. ensure standards are followed, oversee data quality and conduct analysis, reporting and use. S/he will know and support Sauti monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities, frameworks, plans and indicators to capture project performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities. T
he Senior M&E Officer will work closely with the central M&E team to design, implement and supervise Sauti activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into program implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes. Senior M&E Officer is responsible for documenting and disseminating program successes and challenges to USAID.
• Bachelor degree in public health, demography. statistics, social sciences or related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum 6 years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating health and/or development projects
• Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation
• Demonstrated expertise working in a leadership capacity with international donors, senior government officials and policymakers.
• Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts in both the public and NGO sectors.
• M&E experience in HIV/AIDS programs.
• Familiarity with Tanzania health management information system and other national M&E systems.
• Experience and understanding of the USAID framework and reporting system.
• Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
• Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software. packages, including at least one of the following: ISPSS, Epi-Info, Stata. MS Access).
• Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office.
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
• Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to travel 30% of the time.
HOW TO APPLY
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with academic qualifications and relevant experience. The application email should have a subject line reading – Application for Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – based in Shinyanga. so that we do not miss your application. Send the application through email at: SautiTZApplications@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Caution to the applicants: There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hobnail, etc. Kindly note: HRTZ@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts.
We also don’t charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. It shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong – doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through email@example.com
Source: The Guardian September 07, 2018