Security & Fleet Manager at NFT Consult
The role is responsible for organizing and overseeing all security and fleet operations of the company. It is to effectively exercise overall responsibility for ensuring that strategies, plans, policies and procedures related to the security of life and property are implemented to ensure business continuity and risk mitigation. The main goal is to create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well protected.
- Develop security plans to protect assets, facilities and personal in and out of the work premises.
- Ensure that armed security is provided to adequately secure the facilities and personnel.
- Identifying and advising on potential security liabilities and taking pre-emptive action to avoid such.
- Build relationships with business groups & stakeholders, anticipate their needs to proactively gain corporate image for the company and achieve organizational influence
- The Development and management of all Risk, Crisis and Disaster management Plans
- The Surveys of all company’s facilities such as Service Centers, Core Sites Backbone, Hub, BSC’s and critical radio sites, and make recommendations as to necessary safety/security procedures to enhance the security.
- Monitor and advise on local social political situations.
- Secure and advise VIP’s in the country, and assist subcontracted service providers.
- Maintain relationships with the Security Service Providers and Technical Service Providers.
- Assist IT with the Development of the Business Continuity Plan.
- Conduct the fraud awareness campaigns.
- Implement and Manage the Fraud Management practices and Investigations for local operations.
- Conduct a surprise patrol for monitoring the man guards insure that all security equipment is installed and working properly
- Develop processes to ensure effective communication to all staff and security operatives’ companywide to ensure that they gain necessary knowledge on company & personal asset and life.
- Provide proactive advice to management on security issues/concerns including regulatory compliance and their impact on business and lives
- Maintain relationships with Rwandan Police Force, Army, RIB and specified Governmental Institutions such as the Prosecution, Ombudsman, and Courts etc.….
- Planning and Managing the fleet of the company including allocation, maintenance, reparations, accident, insurances, fuel usage, security compliances and regulations
- Planning and managing the utilization and the performance of drivers
- Security Budget: As per AOP plan
- Fleet Budget: As per AOP plan
- No. of direct reports: 17 drivers
- Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources/Behavioral Sciences or its Equivalent
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Diploma A2 in vehicle mechanics or electro-mechanic or any equivalent to technical field
- Minimum of 10 years of practical hands-on experience in various areas of security, with specialization in operations, intelligence and surveillance
- Significant Experiences in Fleet management
- Previous experience in the Police or Para-military agencies will be an added advantage
- Excellent in oral and written communication and report writing skills
- Independent and with good work attitude
- Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve even in the most challenging of environments
- Knowledge of transport and drivers’ management.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of vehicular maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of the principles of organization and administration. Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing business environment and excel in a collaborative team environment
- Good knowledge of HSE, disaster management, business recovery and continuity planning Strong ability of supervision
- Good computer skills (MS Office)