Job: Secondary Assistant Coach and Sports Teacher
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Organization: KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL is a Private Christian School owned and operated by Youth for Christ/Rwanda which is a missionary movement entrusted with a global vision and committed to a mission of youth evangelism, discipleship, social involvement, and leadership development.
In its Strategies, Youth for Christ/Rwanda reaches the youth through Education, thus started and owns KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, Kigali and Rwamagana Campuses.
It is against this background that, Youth for Christ/Rwanda wishes to recruit a competent and qualified person to fill the following position:
Secondary Assistant Coach and Sports Teacher-Kigali Campus, Full time (1 Position)
Job Summary: To ensure that the learners (students) are provided with a safe environment of learning and perform properly in taught subjects. The environment should be highly structured and highly relational in nature to provide an environment in which students flourish spiritually, academically, physically and emotionally.
Supervisor(s): Secondary Director, the Main Campus Director
Faith and behavior requirements:
Faith – Follower of Jesus Christ and actively involved in a local church.
Behaviour – Self-disciplined and teachable. Personal integrity in both professional and private life.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Passion to serve and work hard,
- University Degree in Physical Education with Education;
- Prior experience of two years in teaching;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Fluent in English;
- Passionate and talented in volleyball, football, other field games, and athletics…
- Able to motivate and mentor others;
- Knowledge of Rwanda’s education system and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities for the required teacher
- Prepare and teach lessons professionally.
- Make adequate teaching aids.
- Make sure the class has a favorable learning environment.
- Have all professional documents and show them to any hierarchical authority when asked.
- File and keep properly all students books.
- Nurture children’s respect, well dressed in school sports uniforms.
- Make sure the classroom is tidy and clean.
- Check the going in and out of the learners, accompany them wherever they are. On all occasions, she or he is responsible for them and must give them a good example.
- Attend all meetings organized by the school.
- Check punctuality and regularity of the children.
- Make all necessary reports as asked by the school administration.
- Make sure the discipline and cleanliness of the children are observed.
- Ensure the school materials are well accounted for and well utilized.
- Collaborate closely with parents, assistant teachers, school authorities and other stakeholders.
- Ensure good collaboration with the team leaders or their hierarchical leaders.
- Do his/her work according to the decisions and instructions of the hierarchical authorities;
- Check if the medium of instruction and other languages are used adequately.
- Accomplish all responsibilities given by the school authorities.
The post Secondary Assistant Coach and Sports Teacher at Kigali Christian School appeared first on JobWebRwanda.