Job title: Sales Consultant
• Travel and Tourism
• Respond to sales enquiries and booking requests: Respond to all correspondence within 2 hours of receipt; develop priced itineraries as required using Company own booking systems; secure sales; issue follow ups to clients not yet confirmed; issue invoices and bookings checklists for your sales portfolio; liaise with Company Directors and other Company staff to ensure logistics, bookings and payments are made in a timely fashion; meet Clients on arrival if requested by Company Directors; work with Company staff to help ensure safari logistics are in place on receipts of full payment; design special itineraries/offers as required; get feedback from clients and their reviews on sites such as Trip advisor.
• Develop new relationships Local Tour Operators/Travel Agencies: Act as a contact point for Local Partner enquiries with the support of the sales team. Focus on growing and developing existing Local Agent relationships, together with generating new business.
• Maintain the Company booking system: Use the Company own systems to update/develop all of the following: itineraries, agent data, accommodation/activity/park fee/transfer prices, descriptions. Report faults as they occur.
• Nurture relations with local partners: Seek to improve working relationships with preferred partners through regular meetings and updates. Develop a portfolio of Tour Operators/Travel Agents and encourage their regular bookings. Seek to secure improved contract rates from local partners which include hotels/lodges, operators, transport providers. Develop special offers for retail locally and internationally.
• Communications: Liaise with logistics team and guides to collate and provide content for local/international circulation; maintain secure client mailing lists; support Company Directors at local marketing fairs as requested; write up stories for website blog and newsletters; issue relevant industry news to particular mailing groups.
• Provide cover during colleagues leave: Given the seasonal nature of the business, employees have mutual responsibility for covering colleagues’ desks during their leave. Staff are expected to provide comprehensive hand overs prior to departing for leave.
• From time to time, there may be other activities requested of employees to ensure smooth running of the company. This will be on an ad hoc basis.
• Excellent (fluent) written and spoken English.
• Previous experience in safari industry (at least 2 years).
• Strong IT skills and knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products: specifically Access Databases, Word,
• Confidence to communicate with managers and decision makers across the safari industry.
• Strong relationship management skills
• Excellent track record in sales related roles.
• Fluency in Kiswahili.
• An understanding of logistics and supply considerations for wilderness camping, and of the southern
Circuit of Tanzania.
An exceptional candidate will also offer experience in marketing and web development.
Job title: Sales Consultant