APSC Community & Linkage Field Officer at Tanzania Health Promotion Support
Experience : 1.0 Year(s) No. of Position : 1
Skill : Work experience in HIV and AIDS care and treatment/PMTCT settings, Work experience/training in the National VCT/PITC counseling is an added advantage, Work experience with community-based PLHIV groups or PLHIV post-test groups is an added advantage, Familiarity with district-level health care systems in Tanzania is highly desired, Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills, Good verbal and written communication ski, Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
Job Opening date : 27-Sep-2018 Job closing date : 12-Oct-2018
Job Description Establish and facilitate the implementation of adherence, psychosocial support and community linkages program (APSC) including to establish/strengthen facility – community partnership/linkage mechanism, build the capacity of R/CHMT to establish/strengthen and implement APSC program, build capacity of health care providers in enhancing adherence and retention to HIV care and treatment, establish/strengthen internal referral system between various service units within the health facilities and conduct supportive supervision and mentorship on APSC services in Mtwara region. The job entails extensive travel up to 80 within all districts of Mtwara region.
The incumbent will be a member of the Adult and Paediatric care and treatment, team and will provide day-to-day oversight of the following areas
LOCATION Kigoma Regional Office (with frequent field travel)
Responsibility: The incumbent will be a member of the Adherence and Psychosocial support and Community linkages and will provide a day-to-day oversight of the following areas
Psychosocial support groups in PMTCT
• Manage and roll out psychosocial support groups for HIV positive mothers enrolled in the PMTCT care at THPS supported health facilities.
• Facilitate the sub-granted NGO working in THPS supported area to manage and administer the monthly PSG meetings.
• Facilitate close linkages, networks and referral mechanisms between the facility-based PSGs and various community based support services including the PLHIV support groups
• Work closely with the PMTCT team at regional level to ensure high quality services
• Work with districts and the sub-contracted NGO (WAMA) to conduct PMTCT sensitization activities to raise awareness of PMTCT in the communities
• Coordinate and link PSG members to other community support services
• Assist in preparations of Regional semi-annual PSG meetings on six monthly basis
Peer Education in both PMTCT and CTC
• Assist in conducting selection, training and supportive supervision of Peer educators
• Support the implementation of peer education program in PMTCT and Care and Treatment settings by ensuring PEs trace defaulters, mobilize ANC/PNC HIV infected women to join support groups and assist in conducting PSG meetings, providing testimonials and linking positive mothers into care and treatment services.
• Work with both DACC and CHAC to develop inventory for community-based support services within the Pwani region and Strengthen community mobilization activities and linkages with community based organizations
• Work with District councils and the NGO responsible for the PE program to ensure establishment, registration and support is provided to the PE support groups
Clinical adherence support
• Work with APSC PO to provide technical assistance to HCWs on care and treatment sites to implement protocols on adherence support for clients on antiretroviral care and treatment
• Assist in the assessment of APSC specific standards of care (SOC) at the THPS supported health facilities.
• Conduct supportive supervision and CMEs on clinical adherence support to HCWs as per THPS site support guidelines
• Distribute to facilities the relevant job aids and materials related to adherence counselling and assessment
• Maintain the relationship with RHMT and CHMT and Faith based organizations responsible for APSC services in the region.
• Take part in the integration of other programs, PMTCT, Pediatric, PHDP, cervical cancer screening and TB/HIV units within APSC in the region through training and implementation.
• To prepare monthly summary report and provide periodic progress reports and provide input for the preparation of the quarterly reports.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualification Required: Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Nursing/Medicine, Certificate in National ART training and/or PMTCT care spectrum counseling