Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College – TUDARCo is a constituent College of Tumaini University Makumira since 1st April, 2003. TUDARCo is owned by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT) Eastern and Costal Diocese (ECD). The College is accredited by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and it was granted its Charter in 2010.
TUDARCo premises are located along Coca Cola Road and it has, for the time being, student population of about 3,000 students. It has programs that are ranging from Certificate, Diploma and degree levels in four Faculties namely Faculy of Law, Faculty of Business Administration, Faculty of Education and Faculty of Ails and Social Sciences. TUDARCo has ambitious plans to grow and expand its services while aiming to providing high quality products. To date TUDARCo boasts itself for producing high quality graduates who have gone to become very successful in the Public and Private Sector. TUDARCo now wishes to recruit an experienced visionary and transformer person as PROVOST who will, as chief executive of the College, help to spear heard the required changes as the College transforms itself to much greater heights.
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide leadership and co-ordination in all academic and administrative activities of the College.
The Provost shall:
- Be the Chief Executive Officer of the College as academic and administrative head responsible to the College Governing Board on the management and administration of the College and to the Vice- Chancellor in relation to all academic and administrative affairs and/or matters of the College;
- Be a person of integrity, senior academic member of staff in a recognized University with academic and administrative experience and capability.
- Be the Chairperson of the College Academic Committee and ex-officio member of all College committees;
- Be responsible for the general security and welfare of students of the College;
- Be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for maintaining an efficient and effective management of the College;
- Be the spokesperson of the College;
- Be the leader of the College delegation to University Committees;Have such other powers and duties as are provided for under any relevant Regulations or as may otherwise be prescribed by relevant competent authority.
S/he will be responsible dnectly to the Vice Chancellor and the College Governing Board for all academic and administrative matters of the College.
A person, male or female, of integrity, good leadership skills, visionary and outstanding academic and administrative experience and capability who has attained the status of Professor/Associate Professor or its equivalent in either teaching or research, preferably a Tanzanian. Experience in Management at the level of a Dean of Faculty, Director of Institute/Directorate, Deputy Principal of a University College, Deputy Vice Chancellor or above is an added advantage.
Terms of Service
The appointment of Provost will be made by the College Governing Board in consultation with the University Vice- Chancellor.
The Provost shall hold office for a term of four years and may be re-appointed for one more term of four years on such terms and conditions as the Governing Board of the College shall determine.;
To be guided by the Schemes of Service of Tumaini University Dai’ es Salaam College depending on the level of experience of a successful candidate.
Mode of Application
Duly signed letters of application with full details of qualifications, experience and reasons for wanting to work with the College should include the following:
- Certified photocopies of academic performance;
- Typed comprehensive Curriculum Vitae;
- Full contact addresses of work and residence including postal address, telephone and fax number (if available) and e-mails;
- Name and full contact addresses of three referees who know the applicant’s academic and/or work experience;
DEADLINE: All applications should reach the Search Committee by Friday 24th January, 2020 at 16:30 hours. Applications should be addressed to:
Chairman of the Provost Search Committee,
Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College,
Plot No. 10 Mikocheni Light Industrial Area (Along Coca Cola Road),
P.O. Box 77588,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.