Protection Officer (one position) at HelpAge International December, 2019
- A bachelor’s degree in Social Science.
- Minimum of 3-4 years hands on relevant professional experience especially in protection mainstreaming and inclusion.
- Technical understanding of Protection programming, community –based approach, right based approach, adaptive programming, AGD Policy participatory assessment, Best interest determination.
- Understanding and use of NVIVO and SPSS Software and utilization of Kobo Toolbox.
- Familiar and practical experience in using the Pareto principle.
- Demonstrable interest in ageing issues.
- Experience in working with refugee population (preferred).
- Understanding of protection and human rights issues concerning the refugees (a plus).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills.
- Self-motivation and strong team spirit.
- Good report writing skills.
- Facilitation and trainings skills.
- Respectful and courteous.
- Able to maintain high level of ethical standards.
- Ability to train and motivate others, taking into account cultural and language differences.
- Ability to use basic computer packages (Word, Excel, PSS).
- Ability to communicate in both English and Kiswahili (Kirundi or French a plus).
- Excellent communication skills in writing and verbally.
- Ability to travel extensively (necessary).
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines.
If you need the full Job Description please send your request email to email@example.com Candidates who meet these requirements and are interested should apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages and a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email to the email on the applying button
Applications should be sent before Tuesday 17th December 2019.
HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted.