The Network of Lawyers of Hope in Rwanda/
Le Réseau des Juristes de l’Espoir au Rwanda
B.P 6064, Kigali-Rwanda
‘ +250 785 247005
4th December 2019
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT/Project Officer
Lawyers of hope is a Non-Governmental Organization with the mission to seek and reach out to the most vulnerable members of the Rwandan Society, in particular Children, Prisoners, Women and other needy people, to seek justice on their behalf, and to share with them Christ Love and compassion.
Funded by Netherland Embassy-Rwanda through RCN J&D, LOH is implementing a project entitled UBUTABERA BWEGEREYE UMUTURAGE (UBU).
The objective of UBU is to:
1) Strength access to justice by increasing awareness of the citizens (especially women and vulnerable groups) about their rights and the functioning of the proximity justice system, and
2) Strength the capacity of CSOs working in the justice sector to carry out advocacy and influence positive changes in the justice system, particularly by promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment.
In line with the above background, LOH would like to recruit one (1)) qualified Legal Officer. The post holder report directly to the Project Coordinator, and will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the activities of the project in the working area (Kicukiro).
- Key Responsibilities:
- Providing accurate, timely and effective legal advice to beneficiaries;
- Advising beneficiaries on their legal rights and obligations;
- Writing up legal documents like legal briefs and mediation minutes;
- Involved in out of court settlements;
- Preparing arguments to be heard in a trial;
- Conducting mobile legal clinics in communities;
- Conducting community dialogues
- Involved in advocacy before different institutions;
- Participate and Conduct campaigns at the grassroots levels;
- Referral of cases to respective institutions;
- Conducting family mediation in case involving women or children;
- Submitting beneficiaries’ submissions to court via IECMS system (electronic filing)
- Maintaining contact with local authorities of the project working districts
- Maintain contacts with the paralegals working in the project districts
- Produce a periodic report on the project implementation;
- Represent the organization in different meetings, seminars and/or workshops related to human rights and legal aid in the respective areas of the project coverage.
- Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law and other related fields
- At least 2 years of experience working in the legal domain,
- Demonstrated capacity in community mobilization,
- Proven experience in community sensitization,
- Varied experience in delivering training and other capacity-building initiatives on legal issues,
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in communities,
- Excellent in reporting,
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated commitment to participatory approaches,
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda (French is an added asset),
- Ability to use ICT to access information and prepares reports.
- Able to travel and perform field activities
The post Project Officer at The Network of Lawyers of Hope in Rwanda (LOH) appeared first on JobWebRwanda.