Tearfund in Rwanda is looking for a competent and experienced Project Manager for an upcoming Horticulture production and market development project funded by the European Development Fund (EDF) through the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning and targeting 30,000 smallholders in four districts in Rwanda. The project will be implemented by Tearfund in partnership with two other consortium partners.
The Project Manager will lead, manage and coordinate the planning, implementation, learning, and reporting ensuring technical quality and standards are respected and that the is implemented in line with agreed project objectives and timelines, Tearfund values, and donor guidelines. The Project Manager will also take a leading role in establishing and maintaining good working relations with the Donor, Consortium members, Government agencies such as the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning, Ministry of Agriculture, RAB, NAEB, and other NGOs, in coordination with the Programme Manager and the Country Director.
Tearfund places great importance on recruiting a Project Manager who has a practical commitment to Tearfund’s values, vision, and mission when working alongside Tearfund’s partner organizations and project stakeholders.
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Agriculture, Development studies or another relevant course
- An advanced degree/studies in Project management, Development studies or Agriculture development (desirable)
- 5 years’ experience in managing donor-funded development projects preferably in agriculture and livelihoods development
- Experience in managing project budgets and finances
- Experience in managing compliance and documentation for donors
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders, and to play a leadership role in convening groups. Astute skills in relationship building and coordination
Are you willing to frequently travel and work with local partners?
Are you an excellent team player?
Are you adaptable and flexible?
Do you have excellent written and verbal communication in English and Kinyarwanda? If so, this could be the role for you!
Applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs. We would expect applicants to be able to demonstrate a clear and specific desire to work in insecure operating environments.
The Annual gross salary set for the Project Manager is RWF 20,524,404.
The post involves potential contact with children/ vulnerable adults and the recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues.
The post Project Manager- Horticulture Development Project at Tearfund appeared first on JobWebRwanda.