JOB TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER (1 Positions)
LOCATION: Dar es salaam
This position will be responsible for efficient and effective coordination of all assigned projects. This essentially involves providing day-to-day managerial and logistical support to field teams to ensure projects are delivered to customer satisfaction as per scope, time and budget. This position is highly demanding, requires lot of hardwork, dedication and resilience and high sense of ownership.
CORE JOB DESCRIPTION
Key responsibilities are:
- Plan, organize, control and close projects to customer satisfaction without undue escalations.
- Managing field teams, Supervisors and subcontractors to deliver projects to customer satisfaction
- Deliver projects without cost and time overruns
- Regular and clear communication to teams on project requirements (scope, objectives and other parameters)
- Ability to read construction drawings, generate BOQ and prepare project cost
- Demonstrate sound technical knowledge of site build processes
- Drive best values from suppliers, subcontractors and field teams
- Maximize project margins and add value to the construction process by proactive involvement in cost management
- Proactive management of project risks
- Timely completion of all project documentation (QA checklists, construction and As-Builts documents etc)
- Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations
- Regular and timely projects update to Project Director
- Responsible and accountable to project outcomes
- Enforcement of HSE compliance during projects implementation
- Ensure Prompt stakeholders communication management during the entire project life cycle
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Timely completion of projects
- Delivery of projects according to budgets
- Timely closure of projects
- Timely reporting to Project DirectorEffective monitoring of field teams for timely delivery of projects
- Demonstrate managerial, communication skills and sound commercial awareness
- Ability to manage sub-contractors or teams and think in innovative ways
- Able to work well within a team based environment
- Communicate regularly with project staff and teams to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable
- Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material,teams cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets are adhered to
- Assist Project Manager with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time
Academic & Skills Requirement
- BSc Project Management, Telecom Engineering, Civil Engineering or Building Technology
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Telecom cell site projects implementation
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse and able to forecast cost
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to works
- Be able to provide both detailed and summarised report on current activities
- IT Literate, able to use Microsoft Office
- Smart and professional appearance
- Customer focused
- ‘Can do’ attitude to work
- Good command of written and spoken English
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be prepared to work extra hours when required.
- Immediate response to emergency situations.
- Ability to drive having valid driving license is an added advantage
Interested candidates should send their CV (pdf) to [email protected] not later than Tuesday 31st December 2019 at 17.00 pm. The Subject line should address the Title of the position failure of which the application will be rendered unqualified. Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the position.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.