TERMS OF REFERENECE FOR RECRUITING NEW STAFF FOR IPC
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR RECRUITING IPC NEW STAFF
IPC, “Initiative pour la participation Citoyenne” is a local non-governmental organization composed of 5 local civil society organisations namely SDA-IRIBA; IPFG; EAR Kigeme Diocese; UNICOOPAGI and CDJP Gikongoro. It considers itself as a bridging entity between citizens and local government. It aims at promoting socio-economic development and strengthening citizen participation in planning and monitoring processes of local governments. It is based in Gasaka Sector Nyamagabe District, Southern province of Rwanda, and operates in Nyamagabe, Nyaruguru, and Nyamasheke.
A society where people effectively participate in the sustainable development of their communities, their country, and consider the results achieved as their own heritage.
Promote citizen participation through a framework of exchange, consultation, and joint actions to improve the living conditions of the target populations.
Purpose of recruitment
Recently IPC secured funding from European Union to support the implementation of the project entitled” Improve adaptation and mitigation capacities for target communities against COVID-19 effect in Rwanda.” In Nyamagabe, Nyaruguru, and Nyamasheke Districts of Rwanda.
The overall objective of this project is to improve adaptation and mitigation capacities for targeted communities against covid-19 effects in Rwanda.
Specific objectives are:
(1) To improve the income-generating activities for 1,300 peoples in Nyaruguru, Nyamagabe and Nyamasheke districts within 4 months;
(2) To contribute to food access particularly people having visual impairment across 25 RUB branches in the country;
(3) To improve awareness about People with disabilities’ rights, especially those PWVI among Rwandan Community within 4 months;
(4) To improve access, analysis, management, and use of accurate information by the targeted journalists within 4 months.
Note that IPC will implement only the first specific objective and the two remaining ones will be implemented by other co-partners (RUB & EYE).
- Project Manager (1 Position)
Roles and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Secretary, the project manager is responsible for:
- Plan in time all the technical activities of the project and submit the plans to the Executive Secretary for approval;
- Develop the weekly and monthly plans and submit them to the executive secretary for approval;
- Monitor the execution of project activities on a daily basis;
- Analyze the narrative reports transmitted by co-applicants (RUB and EYE);
- Organize and provide certain technical training for the beneficiaries and supervise those provided by other stakeholders in the project;
- Design monitoring & evaluation tools corresponding to the Logical Framework of the project and be approved by the Executive Secretary before using them;
- Properly manage the project database;
- Document on the progress of the implementation of the project and that of the beneficiaries on a regular basis;
- Produce monthly and final narrative reports, as well as other types of reports required by the donor;
- Contribute to the design of project proposals taking into account the mission of the IPC and the needs expressed by the beneficiaries;
- Must be Rwandan by nationality;
- Experience of at least 3 years in project management and or related field;
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, rural development; social sciences and other related fields;
- Experience in working with rural population;
- Experience of working with CSOs and local authorities;
- Good at planning and reporting;
- Knowledge in elaboration of concept notes and project proposals;
- Able to work under minimum pressure;
- Teamwork spirit;
- Fluent in English, French, and Kinyarwanda;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (MS word, excel, power point);
- Ready to travel sometimes in a rural zone of Nyamagabe, Nyaruguru and Nyamasheke Districts to monitor the project activities;
- Must have a driving license, category A or B
Females candidates are encouraged to apply.
The post Project Manager at Initiative pour la participation Citoyenne appeared first on Jobweb Rwanda.