Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is an Umbrella of Rwandan Civil Society Organizations aiming at the advancement of women’s status, peace, and development. It was established in October 1992, and currently represents 53 member organizations within the country. The mission of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe is to eradicate all forms of discrimination towards women, to promote their socio-economic-political and legal status, and to enhance the institutional and organizational capacities of its member organizations through the promotion of sustainable human development approach based on gender equality and a culture of peace, justice, and human rights.
PFTH in partnership with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is implementing the Empowering Women in Informal Cross-Border Trade in The Great Lakes Region (EWICBT) project. The project aims to contribute to the social-economic empowerment of women in cross border trade between DRC and Rwanda. This will be achieved by improving their business environment and increasing their income and their social-economic welfare. To accomplish this, the project is built on improving the legal and policy framework for WICBT, providing access to legal aid services to WICBT, increasing WICBT’s access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights and strengthen the entrepreneurial and financial capacity of WICBT. The project activities will be implemented in Goma and Bukavu in DRC and Rubavu and Rusizi in Rwanda for a duration of 2.5 years, with an inception phase of 4 months.
In line with the above PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE is looking for a suitable candidate to coordinate the overall project implementation. Under the supervision of Program Manager, the Project Coordinator will undertake the following specific tasks;
- Coordinating and Facilitating the Project Planning Process
To develop plans and strategies that will contribute to sustainable improvements in the wellbeing of Project beneficiaries: Including but not limited to:
- Ensuring that detailed weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and budgets are developed in order to deliver against all aspects of the project
- Overseeing the fund request process, ensuring that the relevant documents are prepared and the roles and responsibilities of PFTH and partners in DRC are clarified
- Ensuring the overall coordination of the project staff, project activities, and partners in DRC
- Planning and forecasting grant expenditure, project activities, procurement staffing and partnership to ensure compliance with the project contract and budget and to prevent overspending or underspending
- Conduct regular monitoring, evaluation and reporting on project progress to PFTH, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherland and to other project stakeholders.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports in relation to the project activities and other reports as reasonably requested by her/ his supervisor
- Coordinate Project implementation
- Ensuring that all project components are implemented according to the project plans, in order to meet all goals and objectives; taking assertive corrective action in case of missed deliverables;
- Ensuring monitoring is conducted in order to measure progress against the baseline survey, needs assessment and analyze the success of interventions to date and all surveys planned in the project are conducted
- Coordinating the project team both in Rwanda and DRC to carry out the activities planned and if delays a catch plan is established and any constraint is timely communicated to her/his supervisor
- Ensure budget is utilized against the plan, any change is timely communicated to EKN for seeking approval after internal consultation and all requests are made on time
- Advocacy and policy influencing
- Understand the context of policy influencing in Rwanda and what the project wants to achieve in particular and Pro-Femmes’ advocacy agenda in general
- Coordinate with colleagues at Pro-Femmes to determine advocacy needs and set forth the plan to be implemented under the project and Pro-Femmes;
- Lead the process of information gathering, analysis of that information and develop advocacy messages to be presented to key decision-makers;
- Lead the development and implementation of the advocacy strategies, and advocacy campaigns related to the project advocacy agenda and produce related reports;
- Participate in mentoring and coaching of Pro-Femmes staff and other stakeholders on advocacy and policy influencing;
- Lead the design, implementation, and management of advocacy campaigns/ interventions related to both the project, partners in DRC and Pro-Femmes;
- Identify existing local, national and regional networks and alliances with regional advocacy/coalition organizations and guide them on how to actively engage in national advocacy and policy influencing agenda;
- Develop and validate policy briefs, policy proposals and campaign materials for local, national advocacy;
- Identify key moments for advocacy and policy influencing and drive the work related to the development of advocacy messages and policy briefs;
- Develop the project advocacy and policy influencing monthly, quarterly and annual plan in consultation with EKN team and other CSOs;
- Collaborate with key national CSOs and key stakeholders and engage them in all efforts related to advocacy, results in measurement and monitoring of the national, regional and international policy commitments related to improving cross border trade;
- Facilitate local, national spaces for dialogue for women and girls to exchange on the implementation of the above-mentioned commitments and issues that need to be advocated for
4. Quality, Learning & Knowledge Management
Lead reflection on documentation and communication of project experiences and achievements and promote effective monitoring of program activities and a learning environment.
- Contributing towards the development of effective impact measurement, knowledge management and internal accountability systems for the project
- Coordinating regular data and information collection and analysis for all project activities, according to the agreed systems with EKN
- Organize regular information gathering and sharing opportunities
- Conduct field visits both in Rwanda and DRC
- Ensure success stories suitable for publicity purposes are properly recorded and disseminated;
- Represent PFTH in EKN meetings and other relevant meetings related to the project;
- Collaborate with a project team at EKN and provide an update to PFTH management team;
- Collaborate with key partners including CSOs on the field and at a national level that is relevant to the project implementation
- Design project proposals for submission to potential donors;
- Perform other tasks as shall be advised by the supervisors at PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE.
1.2. DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR COORDINATOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Law, Public Administration, Business Administration, Management, Social sciences or any other related field;
- Holders of master’s degree in a relevant field are preferable for the prospective candidate;
- At least four (4) years progressive experience in managing projects related to trade, SRHR, gender-based violence and gender mainstreaming;
- Strong understanding of the regional Integration in general ;
- Strong experience and knowledge of civil society in Rwanda;
- Experience and knowledge of national and regional issues relevant to trade, gender-based violence, and SRHR;
- Experience in Networking, building coalitions, lobbying and advocacy especially for gender-related issues;
- Understanding of Human rights-based approach;
- Fluency in English, French, and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of Swahili is an added advantage;
- Computer literate (high proficiency in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Excellent communicator orally and in writing;
- Innovative, self –driven and team player;
- Interpersonal skills with experience of working in multicultural contexts.
The post Project Coordinator at Pro-femmes/twese Hamwe (Pfth) appeared first on JobWebRwanda.