- Company Background
Gabiro Agribusiness Hub (GAH) Ltd Company is a fruit of a joint venture shaped between the Government of Rwanda through the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources, majority shareholder with Netafim Ltd), an Israeli company that offers global leadership in the agricultural manufacturing industry. Both parties signed a Joint Venture-JV and Engineering Procurement and Construction-EPC agreements to initiate Gabiro commercial oriented irrigation Project Phase I (5600/16000 Ha). The project shall be implemented at Karangazi sector, in Nyagatare district. Phase II of the project shall follow upon the success of Phase I.
The project consists of setting up water infrastructures mainly a lined water canal for bulk water supply from Akagera river to multiple block units of arable land, main sedimentation tank of 120,000m3, construction of internal access and site connection roads, set up demonstration farms for both agriculture and dairy farming, set up community engagement platforms, community resettlement for the families living in command areas and construction of new electric power line. 30% of the total project area shall be allocated to the community use for both intensive livestock and agricultural production, while 70% shall be reserved for private agricultural investments. The project was analyzed to be both financially viable and technically feasible with positive economic outcomes.
In order to achieve its mission and objectives, GAH Ltd is seeking to recruit qualified, experienced and talented staff to fill the following vacant posts:
- Vacant positions
- Hold a Master’s degree in Business Administration preferably option Finance or Accounting or Management, Project Management with experience of 3 years in the same field or, Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferably option of Finance or Accounting with an experience of 6 years in a related field.
- Having Accounting Professional Qualification recognized by IFAC (ACCA, CPA) is an added value.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required
- Managerial skills (leadership skills, communication skills, problems solving skills, monitoring and evaluation skills, planning and organizing skills)
- Proven competence in using of accounting computer software application (SAGE Evolution, or Quickbook or tompro) and statistical software, spreadsheet database and word processing package,
- Having professional accounting, Software Certificate(s) would be an advantage.
- Must have superior communication skills both in written and verbal form
- Great communication skills in his collaborative capacity,
- Be highly organized and analytical,
- Be passionate about team working,
- Have exceptional good problem-solving skills,
- Understanding of local taxes declaration and payments procedures,
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- Assist MD in documenting and follow up on important actions and decisions from senior management meetings, Board of Directors, and leadership ministry.
- Maintain transparency with regard to decisions made,
- Prepare and verify all documents that are required for the Company finance;
- Prepare and submit financial reports on time,
- Prepare and verify all payable invoices;
- Timely declare the company payable taxes and withholding tax deducted from suppliers’ invoices
- Timely posting of all project accounting vouchers on the accounting software;
- Exercise proper custody of all posted vouchers and other accounting documents;
- Bank reconciliation
- Timely prepare and submit the financial statements of the company,
- Maintain and update the company assets register
- Supervise and direct the accounting and logistical functions, to ensure efficiency;
- Prepare Withdrawal Applications;
- Timely replenishment of operation account with a project bank account;
- Authorization of payments vouchers;
- Facilitate financial audits and implementation support missions;
- Plan and conduct internal financial audits.
The post Project Coordinator at Gabiro Agribusiness Hub (GAH) Ltd appeared first on JobWebRwanda.