- Company Background
Gabiro Agribusiness Hub (GAH) Ltd Company is a fruit of a joint venture shaped between the Government of Rwanda through the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources, majority shareholder with Netafim Ltd), an Israeli company that offers global leadership in the agricultural manufacturing industry. Both parties signed a Joint Venture-JV and Engineering Procurement and Construction-EPC agreements to initiate Gabiro commercial oriented irrigation Project Phase I (5600/16000 Ha). The project shall be implemented at Karangazi sector, in Nyagatare district. Phase II of the project shall follow upon the success of Phase I.
The project consists of setting up water infrastructures mainly a lined water canal for bulk water supply from Akagera river to multiple block units of arable land, main sedimentation tank of 120,000m3, construction of internal access and site connection roads, set up demonstration farms for both agriculture and dairy farming, set up community engagement platforms, community resettlement for the families living in command areas and construction of new electric power line. 30% of the total project area shall be allocated to the community use for both intensive livestock and agricultural production, while 70% shall be reserved for private agricultural investments. The project was analyzed to be both financially viable and technically feasible with positive economic outcomes.
In order to achieve its mission and objectives, GAH Ltd is seeking to recruit qualified, experienced and talented staff to fill the following vacant posts:
- Vacant positions
Project Community Mobilizer
Hold a Bachelor’s degree in rural development studies, social sciences, agronomy, Agriculture Livestock, Agric. Economics, Sociology, Community Development, Psychology, with Good knowledge of the socio-economic development environment of the region, with a minimum of 6 years of work experience in a related field.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required
- Experience in organizing, conducting and facilitation of community mobilization meetings, round tables discussions, pieces of training, focus group discussions and community mobilization events.
- Deep understanding and interpretation of agriculture policies and strategies;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a result-oriented environment,
- Ability to formulate a convincing training methodology,
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft office,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda is essential, English and/or French,
- Organize, conduct and coordinate regular community meetings to create project awareness among the population in the project area,
- Community mobilization through awareness-raising, dialogue and using PRA/RRA tools to identify and prioritize the needs related to agriculture-based livelihoods,
- Perform regular farm cost-benefit analysis,
- Harmonize and approve all activities plans from the Site Technical Team, and submit to the supervisor for approval
- Monitor the implementation including mobilizing farmers to support /be part of the project;
- Ensure project beneficiaries representation in all phases of execution and document & communicate any change that may arise during the project implementation
- Serves as a liaison officer who brings together the planned activities and supports from the relevant partners,
- Carry out in-depth studies on Irrigation System functioning in the project block dedicated to community farming with an aim to recommend improved practices and innovative technologies.
- Based on the experience in the field and any case studies, provide guidelines for an irrigation system and appropriate irrigation standards,
- Perform monitoring and evaluation sessions of the system in the project area
- Close follow up of the utilization of all developed Schemes,
- Develop an operation and maintenance plan for the community-dedicated block,
- Organization of monthly and quarterly meetings of communities for planning and implementation of project activities and ensuring record keeping,
- Coordination with relevant stakeholders and proactively communicate any issues that might affect the project implementation and engage community support with guidance from the Project Officers.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The post Project Community Mobilizer at Gabiro Agribusiness Hub (GAH) Ltd appeared first on JobWebRwanda.