Tanzania Community Health and Social Welfare Systems Strengthening Program Position Description
PO – M&E and Training
The Program Officer – M&E and Training is responsible for tracking the implementation of program activities, progress in achieving results, and process indicators, as identified by the project and required by USAID/Tanzania. S/he will plan and conduct special studies necessary to track those indicators. S/he is also responsible for ensuring the day-to-day management of the project database, including data entry, management, and analysis.
The incumbent will provide ongoing advocacy on Data Demand and Use (DDU) to both project staff and beneficiaries to all supported councils to effect documentation of success stories and wide dissemination of program activities. The Program Officer – M&E and Training will work with the Zonal Director, the MERL Advisor and other Zonal team members to ensure proper analysis and interpretation of data and the timely identification of program areas which require corrective interventions.
The Program Officer – M&E and Training will oversee the coordination of all training activities in support of the project at the Zonal level covering over 27 councils. S/he will be responsible for the identification of training needs for structures and project staff throughout the life of the project. Further, s/he will be responsible in designing, implementing training, and monitoring the conduct of the various training, including assessments of effectiveness of training to the program.
The incumbent will ensure information from TranSMART is linked to the council HRH system to tell the capacity building process undertaken during the life of the project. These responsibilities will be carried out in close collaboration with other Zonal Program Officers and collaborating partners under the direct supervision of the Zonal Director. The Program Officer – M&E and Training will report to the Zonal Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
● Participate in coordinating and collecting program data
● Ensure accurate and timely data entry, management, and analysis;
● Facilitate data management training related to CHSS activities;
● Identify and provide on-going capacity building and M&E support to partner and CHSSP technical project staff;
● Work with the MERL Advisor to ensure timely submission of data from partners and from CHSSP technical team leads;
● Compile monthly and quarterly reports from different program components
● Assist in the preparation of CHSS project reports;
● Assist and provide technical assistance in documenting success stories and best practices
● Participate, as necessary, in community and facility surveys, including survey design, implementation, data entry, analysis, and report writing
• Work in collaboration with the MERL Advisor and other Zonal Program Officers to identify existing training capabilities and training needs related to the range of essential services of the program at the zonal level
• Collaborate with the MERL Advisor to design appropriate training programs for the different service providers, including the development of curricula, modes of instructional methodologies, selection of audio-visual materials and tools for monitoring and evaluation at the zonal level.
• Coordinate and implement training programs that are competency- based and participatory based on principles of adult learning, and provide quality training assistance at the zonal level
• Coordinate the writing, editing and final preparation of documents and reports associated with training activities.
• Identify additional potential trainers and conduct training of trainers to expand the pool of capable human resources.
• Coordinate the regular updating of training packages and resource materials.
• Assist the project team and partners in developing long-term training and capacity building strategies.
• Compile specific training needs and work with operations on agreed deliverables at the zonal level
• Prepare and provide monthly implementation status of planned program activities
• Populate formatted council quarterly report form with program activities implemented in every quarter.
• Prepare program data and share with other team members to make different presentations.
• In collaboration with PO-CSO/QI ensure quality improvement initiatives are being implemented at CSO level
• Ensure availability of NICMS data collection tools at supported councils
• Coordinate distribution of different guidelines, protocols and policies to supported councils.
• In collaboration with PO-MAC & PLHI coordinate and follow up implementation of IP coordination meetings
• Execute any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
● Bachelor Degree from a recognized institution/university/college in Statistics, Economics, Quantitative Economics, Monitoring and evaluation, Public Health or similar field;
● At least 4 years of work experience in the management of data, especially health data, preferably in M&E;
● Computer skills in MS Excel, Access, EpiInfo, Stata, and SPSS;
● Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English;
● Willingness to travel to Zonal offices, if needed;
● Ability to work in a team setting;
● Good organization and electronic file management skills; and
● Good training and facilitation skills. Nafasi za kazi
Interested candidates are required to send a cover letter, current CV before end of 13th November, 2018 to Chief of Party, Through: – email@example.com JSI Research & Training Institute Inc. Community Health & Social Welfare Systems Strengthening Program/Tanzania