•Duties and responsibilities: 1. Oversee and manage the implementation of the project, monitor work progress, and ensure delivery of outputs according to the Project Document and the provisions of the Project Cooperation Agreement; 2. Develop and implement a monitoring and reporting system; 3. Develop annual activity
– based budgets, work plans, and procurement plans for the approval of the Project Steering Committee; 4. Coordinate with Divisions to conduct project activities, including drafting of terms of references and work specifications; 5. Report project progress and milestones to relevant Authorities and in time; 6. Manage and oversee project personnel, consultants, and contractors to ensure good performance; Supervise, coordinate, and manage the work of the Project Management Unit; 7. Supervise the development of performance and financial reports as required by MOE, Meteo Rwanda, MINECOFIN and the Donor; 8. Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports; 9. Manage disbursements and expenditures according to targets and budgets, prepare cash advance requests, and prepare the expenditure statements; 10. Inform the Director General, the Project Steering Committee, and the Donor of any risks that may jeopardize the success of the project without delay; 11. Prepare the Project Implementation Review (PIR) report, Half
– yearly Progress Report, and Final Completion reports; 12. Develop management and technical reports and other documents to show detailed assessments of progress in implementing activities, including reasons for delays, budget shortfalls, required changes in the delivery of outputs if any, and recommendations on necessary improvements; 13. Monitor project co
– financing and prepare relevant reports; Liaise with different project stakeholders and support their participation in the project; 14. Facilitate internal and external financial spot checks and audit and ensure unqualified audit reports; 15. Lead communications and engagement of different sectors, development partners, beneficiary communities, and users of climate information products and services; 16. Liaise and coordinate with the UNDP technical team and Fund Management Officer, MINECOFIN and relevant staff on a regular basis.
Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree in Management or Project management; • Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in weather and climate services, or related discipline is desired. Experience: • Proven experience of not less than 3 year in planning, Monitoring and Evaluation • Demonstrated with proof knowledge and experience the implementation of the Quality Management System is mostly desired; • Demonstrated working experience in project management and have attained 80% budget implementation while heading UNDP funded project managed under IFMIS is mostly desired; • Good knowledge with proof in Strategic Plan development especially, plans related to weather and climate services; • Good knowledge of the structure, practices, rules and procedures governing external grants in Rwanda National planning is desired; • Demonstrated experience in liaising and co
– operating with government officials, municipal authorities, academic institutions, NGOs and the private sector; Skills: • Excellent communications, report writing and analytical skills. • Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and advance knowledge of spread sheet and database packages, experience in handling of web
– based management systems including IFMIS and RBM; Proven ability to type at least 35 WPM is a must. • Effective communication skills in both written and oral English.