Added Date: Wednesday, 03 October 2018
Deadline Date: Tuesday, 16 October 2018
Organization: SOS Children’s Villages International
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant Positions.
Job Title: Program Manager
Duty station: Dar-es-salaam (1 post)
Reporting to: National Program Director
- Coordination of the program through collaborative relationships with other stakeholders in the program location;
- Monitoring and strategic management of the program through the establishment and use of the monitoring and evaluation system, the analysis of results achieved and facilitation of evaluation;
- Design new programs in alternative care and family strengthening;
- To ensure that children in our program areas receive quality care and their rights are promoted and safeguarded;
- Ensure child protection and child safeguarding mechanisms in SOS program locations are in place and functioning;
- Ensure administrative and financial management of the program that is to say, the proper use and allocation of resources for project implementation;
- Establish priorities in the development and implementation of program initiatives and ensure that appropriate support facilities and associated policies and procedures are established and functional to meet the need of children lost their parental care or are at risk of losing that care.
- Coaching and guiding staff on child protection, survival and development in the respective program and working with Local government authorities especially, social welfare/community development officers at National level.
- Ensure effective performance management systems are implemented for all programme staff, including job descriptions, regular review sessions, and annual performance appraisal, in line with the required practices of the national association for the intention of building a string team.
- Participate in all strategic reflections;
- Contribute to the elaboration of strategies and intervention policies of SOS Children’s Village Tanzania;
- Participate and contribute to the formulation of programs and projects and their submission to donors by ensuring the active involvement of identified operational partners.
- Representing SOS Children’s Village Tanzania at program level and maintain all contacts with all partners – actual or potential – as well as stakeholders and beneficiaries
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- University graduate in one or combination of the following disciplines: Organizational Development, Children and Youth Care programming, Sociology and Development studies.
- Working experiences not less than 5 years which should include: at least 3 – 4 years working at managerial levels within reputable NGOs working in Tanzania;
- Strong background on programming and projects management
- Robust experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Strong background in proposal development and donor negotiation skills with good track record of awarded proposals.
- Strong, leadership and interpersonal skills and group dynamics management skills
- Strong background in livelihoods and economic empowerment for most vulnerable groups;
- Ability to forge and manage partnership with Government and Civil Society Organizations;
- Ability to champion fundraising initiatives with experience in effective engagement of corporates;
- The candidate should possess the emotional stability to lead and guide the large community of children and staff, maintaining the required high standards.
- Ability to work under pressure and short deadlines
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
P. O. Box 80462 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Western Tanzania Regional Manager at water Mission
- Trending: Tanzania Health Promotion Support Jobs for you to Apply Now!!
- TB / HIV Technical Advisor at Tanzania Health Promotion Support
- Regional Manager at Tanzania Health Promotion Support
- Clinical Program Officer HIV Care and Treatment at Tanzania Health Promotion Support
- Clinical Advisor – HIV Care and Treatment at Tanzania Health Promotion Support
- APSC Community & Linkage Field Officer at Tanzania Health Promotion Support
- Data Managers at Tanzania Health Promotion Support