ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based in Toronto, Canada with several offices in Africa. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
Values are timeless, they transcend and rise above all. They guide everything we do, as employees of the Foundation. We share a common vision of a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. We make mistakes, we reflect, and we grow so that we can impact our world – it’s why we are here. We are ambitious and driven. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. If you are an experienced recruitment professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
The Talent Acquisition Partner is responsible for sourcing talent to meet the growing needs of Mastercard Foundation across the African continent. The individual will be responsible for full-cycle recruitment activities – primarily sourcing and screening resumes – and will collaborate with the recruitment team, hiring managers and HR Business Partners to understand best fit talent for the organization. The individual will require a level of intellectual curiosity to understand some complex and sophisticated roles within the organization. You enjoy working in a dynamic, team-oriented environment with a strong collaborative culture. Your strong sense of urgency, highly diplomatic interpersonal skills, knowledge of full-cycle recruitment, and experience identifying talent will make you successful in this role.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Assist internal recruitment team with sourcing and screening resumes for roles through applicant tracking system and LinkedIn.
- Execute full cycle recruitment for more junior roles several operational and programmatic areas of the Foundation that span multiple geographies and countries in Africa.
- Serve as a point of contact for career and application inquiries.
- Partner with hiring managers to gain a deep understanding of needs that support and progress the Young Africa Works strategy.
- Provide excellent communication with the internal recruitment team, hiring managers, colleagues and other relevant stakeholders throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- Identify best channels for external advertising of job opportunities, including professional associations, other niche job boards, social media outlets, and recruitment events.
- Set expectations appropriately on all elements of the process with both candidates and hiring managers; exercise the ability to influence and stress urgency when necessary to ensure success.
- Engage and collaborate with select agency partners and ensure successful performance.
- Assist with background checks, reference checks and pre-employment testing. Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Total Rewards & Mobility and Hiring Managers on recommended compensation packages.
- Maintain communication with applicants and hiring managers throughout the recruitment lifecycle.
- Collaborate on the execution of Talent Acquisition related projects and initiatives. This may include technology related initiatives (e.g. cultural assessment tools/platforms).
- Ensure compliance of hiring practices with legislation across Africa.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma and/or a postgraduate certificate in Business or Human Resources.
- 3-5 years of experience in full cycle recruitment. Agency and corporate experience is preferred.
- Experience with Recruitment Platforms (LinkedIn Recruiter, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Exemplary hiring manager and candidate management skills which includes strong influencing and negotiating abilities.
- Strong ability in building and maintaining positive relationships.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations surrounding recruitment and selection practices in multiple African countries is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability to schedule tasks.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Fluency in English and the local language. French is highly desirable.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
The post Partner, Talent Acquisition (Rwanda) at Mastercard Foundation appeared first on JobWebRwanda.