|Type of role:||Healthcare|
|Location:||Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda Various Countries|
|Application Closing Date:||30 Jun 2020|
|Interview date:||As soon as possible|
|Start date:||As soon as possible|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organization that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The ideal person in this role will:
Work in collaboration with the Regional Health Management Team (RHMT) to strengthen gynecological services in targeted health facilities and improve quality of cesarean sections.
- Build the capacity of medical officers, health workers and clinical leads in essential and emergency maternal obstetrics care through training, job coaching, mentoring and support supervision.
- Support strengthening functioning of maternity, labor wards and level four health care facilities.
- Provide technical capacity-building support to health workers in conducting ultrasound scans of pregnant women (applicable for Sierra Leone)
- Plan and organize outreach MNH services with the help of care workers and DHMTs (applicable for Sierra Leone)
Disclaimer: These objectives are subject to improvement/modification after discussion with the project manager as well as the implementing partner.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Qualified Medical degree with a specialization in Obstetrics/Gynaecology.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of post-qualification work experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Note: For Sierra Leone –
- The ideal candidate should have expert experience in ultrasound machine/V-Scan
- Obstetrics experience including labor management and recognition of obstetric emergency
- You are fully accredited in your home country.
- You have the ability to work with limited technical resources
- You have experience in training, coaching, and supervision
- Fluent English proficiency
- IT skills (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Countries, where VSO is currently running Health programs with Obstetrics and Gynaecology positions, are Uganda, Tanzania and Sierraleon.
As a VSO volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full-time basis. VSO will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency. This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in the country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which mean accommodation varies and will be basic.
Some background about VSO
Much has changed since VSO started 60 years ago. We’ve gone from being a UK charity to a truly global development organization. In 2016/2017 alone, we worked with over 7,000 volunteers from all over the world and from all backgrounds to deliver services that had an impact on the lives of almost 2.6 million people in the 24 countries where we work. Our programs focus on the areas of health, education, and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience building, social accountability, gender, and social inclusion. We believe progress is only possible when we work together and that strong partnerships are crucial to delivering positive change. That’s why we work with over 500 partner organizations, from local and national governments, to businesses, NGOs, funders, charities, and community groups. Currently, over 30% of our people are recruited from within the country in which they work, and we continue to grow the share of community and national volunteers involved in our programs. We also send increasing numbers of volunteers from one developing country to another. However, our vision has remained the same; to build a world without poverty.
Please note that this is a generic advert. Please apply and when a specific position arises that matches your skills and availability, we’ll contact you directly.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
The post Obstetrician/ Gynaecologist at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) appeared first on JobWebRwanda.