is working with a total of 25 TPs supporting skills development in the
agriculture sector. All TPs are members of an informal platform involved
in the implementation of ongoing training. The overall objective of
this consultancy is to facilitate training on data management and MRM
with relevance to the TPs and their activities.
for Employment (SET) is a Swiss Development Corporation (SDC) supported
programme implemented in Tanzania. It aims to improve the employment
and employability of youth and young women and mothers through skills
development. In its bid to strengthen training providers (TPs) capacity
and in response to their request; the SET project seeks to support TPs
in strengthening of organization’s data management capacity. These terms
of reference (TOR) is for facilitation of the training on data
management system aspects with a practical relevance to the result-based
project. Including supporting TPs to improve their data management
processes, storing data, using data for planning, and organizing and
maintaining the data created and collected by an organization among
other things to facilitate an evidence based marketing of their
2. Objectives of Assignment
SET is working
with a total of 25 TPs supporting skills development in the agriculture
sector. All TPs are members of an informal platform involved in the
implementation of ongoing training. The overall objective of this
consultancy is to facilitate training on data management and MRM with
relevance to the TPs and their activities.
3. Specific objectives
The activity aims to strengthen data management on TPs program and activities by:
current TPs data processes, type of data collected, data quality,
disaggregation and discrepancies ensuring that gender aspects are
- Support TPs to understand ways to maintain their projects data and quality checks.
the capacity of TPs staff and partners in data collection, storing,
analysis,interpretation, reporting and management in TPs program and
- Propose best ways for TPs to manage project data include online data collection i.e. mobile data collection.
- Support TPs in the use of data for internal management, external communication and marketing.
4. Scope of work:
development of data collection tools, and MRM plan will include
evaluation and visiting respective TPs, review their existing data
collection, management process and reports. The consultant will
undertake the following specific tasks:
- Conduct a desk review
of existing data collection relevant documents, reports and
conduct consultations with TPs to assess the achievements and identify
best practice, the key challenges and gaps relating to MRM system in
their activities and organisation.
- Support TPs to draft MRM plan and data collection tools in alignment with the following:
a) The requirements of different donors;
b) Coherence and alignment with the confidentiality and international standard;
c) Due consideration to all assumptions and risk management in their working environment;
d) Ensure that TPs data collection and analysis
is covering all gender aspects of relevance for the TPs operation and
- Present the draft of data collection tool to TPs, discuss and collect their comments before finalisation;
- Facilitate that TPs data collection will facilitate their operation, external communication and their marketing activities;
a three days practical training session to TPs staff on data management
system in a workshop that will be organised by SET;
5. Duration and Placement:
total of 25 working days have been allocated for this assignment which
will include a 3days for the training workshop. The consultant should be
available for the assignment in the period between 03 rd of September
2020 to 02 nd of October 2020.
The consultancy is expected to deliver the following outputs:
a short report showing the identified gaps from the existing practices
from the visited TPs as well as the identified key indicators on which
the TPs should collect the data and information.
- Develop and present to TPs standard data collection tools.
training documents including, practical sessions, references,
PowerPoint, Agenda, Pre- and Post-tests, and training schedules.
- Participate in a virtual meeting with SET staff to facilitate the assignment.
- Written assignment report in English to the SET MRM Coordinator.
- Present the training modality, contents, schedule prior to the training.
the pre and post training evaluation report which will help to assess
the contribution of the training toward change in TPs practices.
- Conduct coaching of TPs for after the training.
concrete evidence that all relevant gender aspects have been
considered, presented and included throughout the fulfilment of this
7. Required Qualification
The external consultant must meet the following qualification requirements:
knowledge and experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Results
measurements, Agricultural projects in Tanzania and East Africa funded
by international development agencies such as SDC.
- Profound knowledge and experience in Data Management system for Result based projects.
- Impact assessment, developing Data collection tools and data management for adaptive decision making.
- Proven knowledge and experience in preparing data for impact analysis and data quality assessment (DQA)
- Knowledge and work experience with the Donor Committee for Enterprises Development (DCED) standard will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in Outcome Mapping and Impact assessment in Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing measurement plan.
- Proven experience in Result Based Project Management: Data Management System.
- Proven experience with gender data collection and analysis related to skills training.
- Excellent report writing abilities.
- Fluency in English.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
8. Administrative Clauses
- A detailed CV and/or company profile with previous clients references for similar assignments.
- Financial proposal showing the daily rate in Tanzanian Shillings;
- The payment of the fees is subject to the deliverables outlined under point 3, point 6 and approval by the project.
reserves the right not to choose the lowest economic offer. The
selection will be based on an overall assessment of the proposal. The
selected consultant is expected to undertake the assignment in
accordance with Swisscontacts ‘Code of Conduct’ and gender policy. Both
documents will be provided to the consultant.
The consultant is requested to forward their proposal under the attention of SET Team Leader ([email protected]) not later than the 24th of August 2020 at 2 pm Tanzanian time. For
any further clarification please contact Gundelinda Sakaya, Monitoring
and Result Measurement Coordinator on +255 789 477 180 or [email protected]