AJIRA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
Location: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
FHI 360 is a
nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in
lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our
staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment,
economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and
technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s
interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70
countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below….
Position: Database Manager
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5
year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for
AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development
(USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control.
The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service
delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant
management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding,
prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be
implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority
populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and
vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of
reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support
targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level
amongst the targeted populations.
Manager will be responsible for supporting the design and
implementation of the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation Systems.
He/She will provide support to Strategic Information Unit in developing,
supporting and improving the monitoring and evaluation plan and
internal systems to collect and analyze the data used to measure the
program’s key performance indicators. He/She will be responsible for
developing and ensuring EpiC data systems function without downtime to
cover program data needs. Additionally, performing a variety of
technical and database related issues to all supported CSOs.
- Develop project databases and manage other databases (Infolink, DATIM, DAMES, IPRS, MOH DHIS2) to ensure proper functioning.
- Support the update and use of Infolink to store, manage and analyze
the performance indicators, baselines, and annual targets and ensures
compliance to PEPFAR requirements identified in the PMP.
- Participate in the development and implementation of data collection
and reporting tools and systems that correspond to the needs of
decision makers at every level of the health system, as needed.
- Develop the triangulation of data sources with HMIS, aid in
integrating and/or ensuring the inter-operability of different health
information systems with DATIM and Infolink.
- Support the development/adaptation of tools for data collection; design and implement surveys and other data collection tasks.
- Troubleshoot data submission errors and data error issues.
- Provide on-going consultation and technical assistance to CSOs and facility partners regarding database administration.
- Ensure data quality control through a data validation plan, data
queries, programming consistency checks and data cleaning as well as
through coding and harmonizing of information.
- Ensure the management of standardized monitoring and evaluation indicators and tools for consistency in measurement.
- Provide guidance to regional and site staff on HMIS and data management issues, including data quality assurance (DQA).
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Health Informatics with 5-7 years’ relevant experience and good
programming skills; OR Master’s degree in Computer Science or Public
Health Informatics with 3-5 years relevant experience.
- A minimum of 4 years’ working experience at a similar position
especially in implementing HIV and AIDS interventions · Strong knowledge
of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and database management systems
(SQL Server, Access etc.); Knowledge of SQL for database development.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in correcting data errors
or omissions · Considerable knowledge of data management policies and
- Knowledgeable in software development technologies
- Initiative, creative and proactive mind in implementation of new ideas
- Ability to resolve problems and find best solutions in data management.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Good team player
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
How to Apply:
360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may
apply online by uploading his/her Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae
(CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of
three (3) referees
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither
prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry
out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to
represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to
review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any
person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin,
age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package,
professional development and policies and programs that support a
healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive
difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.