|Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL)|
Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Jobs Vacancies at Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) 2020
AJIRA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
Position: Packaging Engineer
Location: Dar es salaam
Job ID: JR1032361
Type: Full Time
Worker Type : Regular
Serengeti Breweries Ltd (SBL), a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Ltd (EABL) operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the 2nd largest beer company. The company is an integrated demand/supply business with 3 operational breweries in Dar Es Salaam, Mwanza, and Moshi.
SBL’s flagship brand is Serengeti Premium lager and other beer brands include Tusker Lager, Guinness Stout, Tusker Malt Lager, and Kick Lager.
Purpose Of Role
Manage packaging engineering in respect of Asset care, projects, modifications, overhauls, spare parts and safety to ensure plant and equipment availability.
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules, systems and equipment operational procedures. Embody the ‘Safety is our No.1 priority’.
- Achieve 100% conformance to Safety, Statutory, Engineering and Risk Management Standards.
- Provide input for packaging engineering AOP
- Achieve packaging engineering Key Performance Indicators driving Asset care culture
- Improve asset performance versus targets through the leadership of effective planned maintenance activities (e.g. shutdowns, overhauls) and providing technical input into packaging teams in collaboration with the packaging maintenance planner.
- Implement best engineering practices and provide input into packaging asset care management.
- Provide support for packaging overhauls to ensure that these activities are completed on time, to specifications and budget.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering Right First Time (RFT) on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformance in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to mitigate re-occurrence.
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – include draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years experience in maintenance engineering in a food or drink manufacturing environment.
- Proven first line management skills
- Computer Literate
- People management & motivational skills
- Networking/influencing /communication skills
- Able to manage complexity
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the second largest listed company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 20%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002, and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. 51% of the company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Tusker Lager, Guinness, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)