AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Position: Production Shift Manager
- Ensure that present and future transport and distribution policies and practices of the company achieve the most efficient and economical operations.
- Establish and ensure efficient control of all costs within the transport and distribution section.
- Design, implement and maintain scheduling systems that will ensure efficient and economic distribution of bulk products at all company Installations.
- Ensure efficient deployment of distribution facilities / equipment for efficient and economic operation.
- In consultation with Supply & Distribution Manager, co-ordinate the negotiations of road transport contracts and also ensure enforcement of terms and conditions of such contracts.
- Conduct on-the-spot investigations into all accidents involving contractor-owned vehicles.
- Responsible for the management and timely maintenance of all company fleet.
- Develop management information systems comparing actual product liftings from all supply points against budget on a weekly basis.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators for the effective management of the distribution and transport activities of the company.
- Co-ordinate bi-annual safety inspection with accredited motor repair workshop and ensure only road tankers inspected and passed or certified as safe to operate, can load petroleum products of a company
- Ensure only Defensive driving trained contractor drivers with a permit are allowed to drive company-contracted vehicles.
- Ensure that all contracted company drivers uphold safety values inculcated in them during Defensive driving sessions by holding periodic meetings with drivers to discuss safety issues. This will be done in liaison with HSE.
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
- The most noticeable challenge is to maintain and update the current level of contractors and drivers safety awareness and constantly monitor and sustain contractors’ commitment to safety to achieve zero accidents.
- To maintain and update the ideal fleet calculations regularly to reflect any changes in the marketing volumes vis- a -vis transport requirement
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)