AJIRA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
Location: Dodoma, Tanzania
FHI 360 is a
nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in
lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our
staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment,
economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and
technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s
interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70
countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below….
Position: Driver Morogoro
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5
year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for
AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development
(USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control.
The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service
delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant
management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding,
prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be
implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority
populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and
vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of
reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support
targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level
amongst the targeted populations.
be responsible for driving EpiC staff, consultants and visitors to
locations for project meetings and activities and maintaining project
- Driving staff to meetings and appointments as assigned.
- Operating the vehicle in accordance with the FHI 360 Vehicle Policy
and ensuring that passengers comply with this policy e.g. vis-a-vis the
wearing of seat belts for example.
- Responsible for day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
including checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires etc.; and ensuring
it remains undamaged and in working order.
- Maintaining the vehicle travel and maintenance log as per policy
- Managing the daily mileage record and petrol consumption.
- When dealing with outside organizations, presenting FHI 360 in the best possible manner by being tidy, helpful and courteous.
- Reporting to the Supervisor immediately as possible any accident
involving an FHI 360 vehicle and assisting in the investigation of and
follow up to any such accident.
- Notifying the supervisor of any maintenance or vehicle problems.
- Ensuring the vehicle is at all times kept clean and tidy.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Secondary School or Vocational education plus at least three years’
driving experience. Certification from a reputable Driver’s Education
program will be an added advantage.
- Must have a current, valid license with an excellent driving record showing no history for accidents.
- Must be a skilled and experienced safe driver for highway driving, preferably 3-5 years of local highway driving
- Sound knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Preferred working experience with an international organization or donor project/NGO sector.
- Skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Good oral communications ability in both Kiswahili and English.
- Good personal qualities with ability to function in a team
environment that includes different age ethnicities and culture groups;
demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs
of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
- Demonstrated high level of personal integrity.
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Ability to work after normal office hours.
- Basic knowledge of First Aid.
- Good knowledge of the region where the duty station is and
surrounding area, streets neighbourhoods, airports, government offices
and Tanzania Regions.
How to Apply:
360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may
apply online by uploading his/her Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae
(CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of
three (3) referees
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither
prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry
out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to
represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to
review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any
person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin,
age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package,
professional development and policies and programs that support a
healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive
difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.