will lead all aspects required for successful design implementation and
long-term sustainability of water projects at each of PZ schools
Job Title: Water Project Manager
Zawadi’s mission is to partner with communities, schools, and teachers
to support quality education for Tanzanian children and youth. Project
Zawadi (PZ) is a small non-profit organization that provides support via
three programs: Student Sponsorship, School Support (Model Schools),
and Teacher Training (Tenda Teachers).
Schools program currently partners with four rural government primary
schools to address various needs, including strategic planning,
infrastructure (construction) projects, water projects, model farms,
leadership development, schools safety, and student support (via student
clubs, life skills, and career counseling). These needs and how to meet
them are identified in five-year strategic plans developed for each
school via a participatory, community-based process involving teachers,
school administrators, parents, village elders, and students. Work is
done primarily in the area around Nyamuswa Village, Bunda District, Mara
Region but may require travel in Tanzania.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
successful candidate will lead all aspects required for successful
design implementation and long-term sustainability of water projects at
each of PZ’s model schools. The successful candidate will:
● Lead efforts to assess current water sources and community water needs at the model schools and local communities.
Lead efforts to evaluate and determine the cost of various
options for water collection (e.g. wells and/or catchment), storage
(e.g., distributed and/or centralized, above ground and/or below ground)
and distribution required to meet identified needs at model schools
● Lead efforts to select final design of water system at model schools
Lead efforts to identify and select partners (NGOs, government,
fund is)required to evaluate, design and implement water projects at
● Prepare and execute contracts/agreements with selected water partners and manage contract performance.
● Manage the design and implementation of water projects at multiple model schools simultaneously
Develop materials, facilitate training and implement
processes/systems required to support the long-term operation and
maintenance of water delivery systems at partner schools and
communities, including WASH hygiene training.
● Manage and
mobilize key stakeholders (e.g., local communities, school staff, local
government PZ program staff, PZ Advisory Board, PZ Board of Directors)
to support successful design, implementation, and sustainability of
● Perform all duties in a timely and accurate manner
● Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications for the Job
of Science in Irrigation and Water Resources engineering or related
field or comparable work experience is required. Experience designing
and implementing water projects is also required. Experience involving
design and implementation of community projects in rural areas, public
meeting facilitation, programmatic evaluations, and public speaking is a
program design and management skills.Detail oriented, organized, and
able to juggle priorities across multiple projects
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including financial assessments
● Uncompromising honesty and commitment to excellence
● Professional behavior and respect for others
● Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Swahili
● Ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders, including strong listening skills
● Ability to work proactively, independently and collaboratively
● Comfortable with ambiguity
● Pragmatic and decisive. Able to take a position and defend it
● Coaching and mentoring skills
● Solid computer and social media skills with fluency in Word, Excel, and Power Point
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
To Apply: Send ONE email with ONE attachment that contains a cover letter and CV with the subject line “Water Project Manager” to [email protected] and [email protected]. In the cover letter explain why you want the job and describe your salary history and requirements.
Deadline to apply: Aug 28th, 2020.