Preferred Start Date – As soon as possible | Job Location – Mbeya, Tanzania | Compensation – Commensurate with experience
Duration – Full time job
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Hardware and software installations and upgrades.
- Performing regular preventive maintenance on the organization PCs
- Facilitating sharing of files & performing backups
- Liaison between the I.T Team leader and the OAF users
- Regional and District offices support-visiting district offices when asked by the I.T team leader.
- Roster Tier 1 Support- Respond to emails in conjunction with Roster Specialists.
Regional and District offices support – Willing to travel to Mbeya, Njombe, Morogoro and Mwanza to provide ITO service.
Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
- GLPI Ticketing- log IT issues encountered and follow-up for ticket resolution and closure within stipulated timelines.
- Assist in Loaner laptop issuance and its inventory management
- Laptop Images
- OAF default software monthly updates
- Network monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance and provision of weekly network reports
- Participate in ITO documentation for OAF Kenya including network diagrams and network processes
- Implement and oversee network devices configuration and periodic backup plan and restoration when needed.
Liaison between IT team leader and OAF staff
Any other duties related to OAF daily activities as may be assigned to you by your supervisor
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced Hardware and software troubleshooting skills a must have-Know his/her way around laptop hardware, software applications, operating systems. A+ certification is desirable.
- Basic networking skills-experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting software like prtg, dude, zabbix. Experience with Ubiquiti and Sophos device configuration and troubleshooting. Knowledge in IP addressing. N+ or CCNA training/qualification desired
- Basic understanding database setup skills using MSSQL for roster system configuration desirable
- Basic knowledge on android mobile devices and function.
- Problem solving – Resolve problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
- Basic inventory management skills to effectively assist in the management of loaner laptops for the office.
- Working knowledge on helpdesk and ticketing features for a busy work environment.
- Strong communication skills as you will be the first line of contact with users who have technical issues that need resolution
- Teamwork – Work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Open and willing to learn in a fast paced technological environment keeping abreast with ever changing environment
- Independent work-be able to self manage and work to deliver high quality service and honor project timelines and objectives.
- Mobility and Flexibility – Be willing to take on additional responsibilities when asked.
- Diploma preferred, 1-year experience in user support and network support in a busy IT environment.
- Attention to detail-be able to manipulate data with accuracy during report writing and have correct configuration done on devices.
Ability to connect day to day work to the broader OAF mission.