AJIRA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
Location: Dodoma, Tanzania
FHI 360 is a
nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in
lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our
staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment,
economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and
technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s
interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70
countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below….
Position: Regional Strategic Information (SI) Officer – Morogoro
for implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities
within the assigned region(s). He/She will work with EpiC staff in the
regional office, local community-based implementing partners and GoT
counterparts at regional level to ensure that M&E activities are
appropriate and meet USAID and FHI360/EpiC requirements.
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the
design and implementation of the M&E activities in the communities
served within the region.
- Work with local community-based implementing partners and KVP
groups, health service providers and GoT counterparts to provide support
and guidance on project M&E activities, especially data collection,
management and analysis for use in decision-making and course
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, conduct data
quality verifications and data triangulation using official tools.
- Ensure that the quality of activities adheres to EpiC and PEPFAR
standards by supporting the development and implementation of
appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Manage project databases (DHIS2, DATIM, Infolink, IPRS, CTC2
database, CTC3 Macro database etc.) to store, manage and analyze project
- Compile, consolidate and submit PEPFAR/USAID Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annual and Annual Reports to Senior SI Advisor.
- Develop systems for data quality assessments, review, control and verification within the region and at partner level.
- Propose strategies to increase data use and demand amongst Project, Partners and other stakeholders.
- Review and analyze weekly/monthly/quarterly
reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project
implementation and to enhance quality of reporting and communication.
- Orient and distribute data collection and reporting tools to CSOs and KVP friendly Facilities.
- Share or distribute project targets to the regional team for monthly tracking or monitoring.
- Document lessons learned and best practices in M&E, according to USAID and PEPFAR guidelines.
- On a monthly basis, analyze regional-level data and provide
approved reports to EpiC regional and HQ offices and other relevant
- Build capacity of local partners in project M&E, especially data
collection, management and analysis for use decision-making and course
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Health Informatics with 5-7 years’ relevant experience and good
programming skills; OR Master’s degree in Computer Science or Public
Health Informatics with 3-5 years relevant experience.
- A minimum of 4 years’ working experience at a similar position especially in implementing HIV and AIDS interventions
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and database
management systems (SQL Server, Access etc.); Knowledge of SQL for
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in correcting data errors or omissions
- Considerable knowledge of data management policies and procedures
- Knowledgeable in software development technologies
- Initiative, creative and proactive mind in implementation of new ideas
- Ability to resolve problems and find best solutions in data management.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Good team player ·
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
How to Apply:
360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may
apply online by uploading his/her Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae
(CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of
three (3) referees
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither
prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry
out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to
represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to
review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any
person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin,
age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package,
professional development and policies and programs that support a
healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive
difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.