|World Vision International|
location to be determined by home country of successful candidae in a
jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
and provides strategic global leadership to build World Vision (WV)’s
influence, advocacy, partnerships and reputation externally for
increased impact. Ensures WV is represented by subject matter experts in
key forums and participates in selected networks, associations, and
boards as appropriate. Actively positions WV as a NGO of choice with
global 2030 Agenda platform, potential and key partners, businesses,
donors and other stakeholders. Oversees and coordinates closely with
Support Offices’ sector team engagement and partners and other Global
Centre teams. Work with and support World Vision’s global ministries and
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. BONYEZA HAPA!
Set Strategic Priorities:
collaboration with Advocacy/External Engagement (A&EE), Disaster
Management EE&RD, and Public Engagement ,develops and successfully
achieves external engagement strategy for sector.
- Maintain oversight of (and coordinate where needed) WV’s sectoral external engagement activities.
and expand strategic partnerships (with particular focus on the
Sustainable Development Goals and child protection in humanitarian
contexts at global level including multi-stakeholder partnerships, UN
partnerships, multinational corporates and especially faith actors.
and coordinate efforts by WV to attain technical and strategic
recognition and thought leadership position within the global worldwide
- Identify shared objectives and initiatives with Global Capitals.
alignment with A&EE and DM EE&RD (including on global policy
positions), and GAM and Public Engagement (on resource development).
- Provide management support and advice for global policy agenda / global moment / campaign as per the Partnership strategy.
- With Director/Innovation, ensure WV’s technical resources and standards align with and/or exceed industry norms.
capabilities and deliverables, process and systems in CPP programme
against market leaders, and build towards best of class.
- Identify key external influencers and networks to promote and inform future programme direction.
- Dynamic and relevant external engagement strategy for the sector.
sector staff engage in key relationships with external agencies as
required by WV’s strategic priorities and advocacy, revenue and other
- Key leaders and institutions as required by the strategic
priorities and policy objectives of WV influenced to maximize child
- Reputation of WV amongst external stakeholders enhanced; with WV recognized as a technical leader in child protection.
- WV entities become a lot more outward oriented and collaborators.
understanding of faith as an integral component of child protection is
reflected in WV’s positioning and external collaborations; and WV is
recognized as a leader in this area.
authoritative representation, technical, and policy advice to World
Vision’s sector community of practice in order to enrich our
understanding and external engagement in sector.
- Identify and build capacity of subject matter experts to represent sector externally.
external representations by subject matter experts reflect WV’s
integrated understanding of development and child well-being and faith
- Communities of practice become a lot more connected with external experts and institutions.
- WV experts represent World Vision’s work in external forums and platforms.
- WV is recognized as a “first in class” organization in the global child protection/ending violence against children community.
Provide Global Stewardship:
- Support the global resource development strategy providing expertize, and actively.
- Donors increasingly select WV’s work for funding and impact positioning WV as a NGO of choice with key donors and stakeholders.
to bear evidence of World Vision’s contribution to Child Well-Being
(CWB) in child protection in external relations for advocacy, donor
relations and building WV’s reputation.
- Donor prepositioning is developed for National Office (NO) and Support Office (SO) entities.
- Increased influence for donor policies contributing to the child well-being, especially the most vulnerable.
- Ensure appropriate use of evidence of results from WV’s work with relevant external stakeholders.
influential communication of WV’s impact, reach, evidence, and ongoing
learning in child protection with important stakeholders.
Promote WV Way:
as relationship manager and cultivate specific partnerships with all
multi-lateral agencies and work closely with WV A&EE and DM
EE&RD (especially global capitals) team to realize WV’s sector
- Provide management support and advice for global
policy agenda / global mobilization/ advocacy campaign as per the
- Oversees and coordinates closely with Support Offices’ sector team engagement and partners.
policy positions are well informed of the external landscape and
internal programming experience from the sector perspective.
- WV’s policy positions represented accurately in relation with external stakeholders.
- Relationship development and management of key global platforms and partners in the sector.
- Ensure alignment with A&EE, DM EE&RD, GAM, and Public Engagement (Comms).
- Support global campaign and other A&EE global ministries.
- Ensure that external engagement tools and processes (as developed by A&EE) are integrated into sector practice.
- Support Partnership Strategy strategic imperative on partnering and collaboration.
WV in selected networks, associations, and boards as appropriate, to
ensure WV is at the forefront of the global sector debate.
- Identify key networks and associations such as [xxx] and seek WV representation and participation.
- Keep abreast of latest developments and innovations in the broader sector that is relevant to WV and share them internally.
Vision is represented well in key external forums participates in
networks, working groups, coalitions and formal partnership as
- World Vision staff are well supported in their external engagement efforts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or International Development.
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation and collaboration skills.
skills and experience in external engagement that contributes to change
in policy and practice and builds s industry reputation.
years’ work experience with an International Development Organisation,
Corporation or Government in the field of external relations,
communications and or policy influencing.
- Experience of working
in partnership with International Development Organisations through
networks, coalitions and partnerships on policy themes related to
- Experience in working with faith actors and on faith related issues.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Deadline: 18th August, 2020.