Tearfund in Rwanda is looking for a competent and experienced Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer for an upcoming Horticulture production and market development project funded by the European Development Fund (EDF) through the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning and targeting 30,000 smallholders in four districts in Rwanda. The project will be implemented by Tearfund in partnership with two other consortium partners.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will lead and support the project teams in routine monitoring, implementation, and evaluation of the project activities by establishing effective data management systems (data collection, entry, analysis, interpretation and reporting), developing, updating and maintaining databases for proper project documentation that is in line with the donor requirements. The M&E Officer will also lead and support the project teams to institute appropriate knowledge management and learning processes that facilitate learning across the project partners and contribute to the improvement of the project to achieve the intended impact.
Tearfund places great importance on recruiting an M&E Officer who has a practical commitment to Tearfund’s values, vision, and mission when working alongside Tearfund’s partner organizations and project stakeholders.
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Agriculture, Development studies or another relevant course
- An advanced degree/ studies in Project management, Development studies or Project monitoring & Evaluation (desirable)
- 3 years’ experience in providing M&E coordination or management support to program implementation
- Experience in project monitoring and evaluation, information management, and other learning efforts
- Experience in the monitoring and evaluation of agriculture or market-focused projects.
- Experience in managing compliance and documentation for donors.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders, and to play a leadership role in convening groups. Astute skills in relationship building and coordination.
Are you willing to frequently travel and work with local partners?
Are you an excellent team player? Are you adaptable and flexible?
Do you have excellent written and verbal communication in English and Kinyarwanda? If so, this could be the role for you!
Applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs. We would expect applicants to be able to demonstrate a clear and specific desire to work in insecure operating environments.
The Annual gross salary set for the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer is RWF 16 342,068.
The post involves potential contact with children/ vulnerable adults and the recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues.
The post Monitoring & Evaluation Officer- Horticulture Development Project at Tearfund appeared first on JobWebRwanda.