Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (USAID WARIDI project) at Tetra Tech
ARD August, 2018
Tetra Tech is a US-based international development firm is implementing a USAID-funded project “the Tanzania Water Resources Integration
Development Initiative” (WARIDI) which seeks to achieve improvements in health, water resources management, agriculture, climate change adaptation and the environment in the Wami-Ruvu and Rufiji river basins. Tetra Tech is advertising one position for Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Specialist based in Ifakara, Morogoro, or Iringa, to be determined. All applicants should be Tanzanian citizens and be fluent in Swahili and English. This position is for immediate start and would be
required to start as soon as possible. Ability to work in a
multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect
for diversity and gender are essential requirements.
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience in performance data systems
development and management, data review, verification, analysis, and reporting. Previous USAID experience working in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene will be added as an advantage.
University degree from a recognized university in Project
Planning and Management, Agri-business Economics, Statistics,
Environmental/social/Natural Sciences, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene or similar field where data collection, analysis and reporting are fundamental.
The M&E Learning Specialist will work closely with WARIDI MEL Team and the entire WARIDI team. They will work on implementing Monitoring, evaluation and learning, M&E plans and tasks of the WARIDI project. The successful candidate will ensure frequent follow up of WARIDI activities from grantees/ partners and technical staff, tracking and reporting of data in a timely manner, review and verify data for analysis and reporting.
– Provide guidance, training and hands on assistance to WARIDI staff and grantees on variety of data collection tools including data
submission through online link.
– Provide guidance, training and hands on assistance to WARIDI staff and grantees/ partners on data collection, standards and best practices.
– Ensure transparent, accurate and timely submission of data both
qualitative and quantitative data from WARIDI staff and Grantees.
– Ensure timely submission of data in WARIDI database and USAID reporting system
– Maintain up to date hard and electronic files of all data and
documentation in a well systematic and organized manner.
– Carry out data review and frequent field visit to assess, verify and
spot check submitted data (by grantees/ partners) before is reported.
– Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports. Work together with MEL Coordinator in Annual report writing.
– Support on conducting special studies and analyses to inform on
– Compile and analyze data required for reporting purpose and writing WARIDI success stories.
– Carry out internal evaluation for the WARIDI project
– Provide internal evaluation reports for management decision making.
– Support grantees in documentation of success stories and lessons learned
Job Skills and experience required
i/ A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in monitoring,
data management, analysis and reporting of behavior change of water, sanitation and hygiene programs. Other areas of experience including natural resources management, livelihood interventions, Climate Change Adaptation, Partnership and Social Enterprises, gender and youth will be added as an advantage.
ii/ Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods
iii/ Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office
suite applications (particularly Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel).
iv/ Proven expertise in designing tools, databases and implementing primary data collection tools, standard operating procedure and data management.
v/ Experience in carrying out surveys, developing survey tools,
verification checklist, sampling frameworks, managing from a
distance, and leading data entry, management and analysis.
vi/ Ability to write reports, effectively present information, prepare
presentations and respond to queries from WARIDI staff and various working partners.
Fluency in English and Swahili is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should email their current
curriculum vitae (CV), cover letter and 3 references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Subject of the
email should include “WARIDI” and the name of the position applying for. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and the ideally candidate hired immediately.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We encourage applications from women and
underrepresented groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Equal
Deadline for submission of applications: September 12 , 2018.