Location: NDUTA CAMP
Direct Reports: Loog supervisor /Logistics Manager
Performing autonomously, complex / advanced servicing, maintenance and repair of MSF vehicles and other engines according to MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure vehicles are in perfect running conditions.
Minimum Educational Qualification: Essential diploma in mechanics or related studies. Experience: Demonstrable mechanical experience. (Minimum 2 years experience).
Languages: English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written). French is an asset. Knowledge: Essential driving license for vehicles.
Competences: Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Service Orientation, Stress Management
• Performing autonomously and ensuring, all necessary complex / advanced maintenance and repair of MSF vehicles and mechanical equipment to ensure they are in perfect condition for their use. This includes the following tasks :
• Performing maintenance according to the instructions in the logbook, ensuring all type of services to all vehicles are done on time (i.e. mini A, medium B and full C, and special services referred in logbook when possible).
• Testing all vehicles after each service is concluded and before it is handed back to its driver
• Keeping record of vehicle’s driver remarks, and carrying out repairs if needed (vehicles and other mechanical equipment) and filling in service, repair or vehicle log book. Reporting to the line manager any problem related to MSF vehicles
• In the case of a breakdown, making a diagnosis, informing the line manager and after approval carrying out any complex / advanced repairs needed.
• Following up the validity of all documents (annual inspections, insurance or any other required documents)
• Assisting in the briefing or training of drivers regarding vehicle services and maintenance
• Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage
• Responsible for the equipment and tools, including extinguishers, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
• Keeping working area clean and tidy.
• Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed and preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
How to apply
Interested candidate are invited to submit their application letter, detailed CV and supporting document to email@example.com before 29 of November 2018
Please be sure to indicate in the subject line of your email the position tittle MECHANIC
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the test and interview