African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
Job Vacancies: Quantitative Field Interviewers
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit non-governmental organization that carries out policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The APHRC invites applications for quantitative field interviewers in an ongoing evaluation study of an integrated early childhood development (ECD) intervention. The aim of the study is to understand the operational feasibility and effectiveness of integrating ECD services into the health care system. The intervention is being implemented by the department of health and is supported by PATH in Siaya County.
· Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and facilitation skills
· Familiarity with and proficiency in computer applications (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word)
· Fluency in English, Dholuo and Kiswahili
· MUST be a resident of Bondo sub-County (in particular Sakwa and Yimbo areas)
Qualifications and Experience
· Completed secondary education and possess a minimum grade of C (Plain) in KCSE.
· Prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the data collection activities
· Have proven experience in research work (e.g. quantitative data collection, analysis and report writing)
· Ability to use tablets or mobile platform to collect data
· Diploma in ECD, nutrition or other health related courses
Duties and Responsibilities
· Conduct interviews on all recruited study participants
· Review, cross-check and verify the collected data to ensure completeness prior to online submission
· Keep updated records and databases of assigned work
· File regular progress reports/ timesheets on project activities in liaison with the team leader
· Assist the research team members (supervisor, project manager, principal investigator) in other project-related activities
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter together with a CV with contact details of three referees.
Please indicate the area where you come from or currently live on the cover letter.
Applications should be submitted as attachments via e-mail to email@example.com, to reach us by close of business on February 28th 2020.
Please indicate ‘FIELD INTERVIEWER ECD EVALUATION’ on the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children