Managing Director, Nest Group
Reports to: Board of Directors
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Purpose: As Managing Director your focus is on driving business growth and performance. Firstly, you will be hands-on in overseeing our first property development project and working closely with architects, site managers, and contractors. Secondly, you will oversee the expansion of our hotel business and oversee business reporting. We have an established set up with accountants and managers, so your focus is on driving growth and recruitment.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Manage first property development project
- Source land
- Agree on design with architect
- Oversee contractor
- Manage cash distribution
- Oversee sales team
- Recruit and train staff
- Weekly one-on-ones with direct reports
- Manage training opportunities for all staff
- Do assessment centers for new recruits
- Manage financial reporting with accountants
- Manage operational reporting and strategic focus
- Manage the budgeting process
- Explore new sites and business models
- Research with users
- Explore partnerships
What we’re looking for:
- Entrepreneurial flair – We started Nest Group with one four-bedroom Airbnb three years ago, we expect you to be hungry to grow the business and be self-motivated.
- Property development experience – With our experience in hotels we are branching out into property development. With your experience, you will be able to assist us to grow the business exponentially and set up for scale.
- Excellent Communication – You will be working with a team of 30 passionate and talented Rwandan staff. Communication must be clear.
- Coaching & Management – We believe in a coaching mindset. Our staff and partners are what fuel our business. We give staff monthly feedback, training and a 10% quarterly profit share.
- Finance Experience – With financial qualifications or through running your own business you know how to create a budget, review management accounts, raise funds and make analytical decisions
- We are an equal opportunities employer – consider any gender, race, religion or age
- Salary with monthly bonus
- Partake in 10% profit share paid quarterly to all staff
- Learning opportunity working with experienced, customer-focused entrepreneurs
- Living in beautiful, safe Kigali and opportunity to travel around East Africa