Manager, IT Audit
The purpose of this role is to review and assess in collaboration with Internal audit team, the high risk areas of the business in order to give assurance to the Board Audit Committee, Business Executives and Shareholders that good governance practices are in place and internal controls are exercised. The person is expected to provide support in ensuring the achievement of the Internal Audit (IA) function mission which is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services that are designed to add value and improve Bank’s control environment
The incumbent is expected to provides direction and leadership to the team as an IT Specialist in developing and executing the internal audit strategy and plan for IT audits, business audit, consulting engagements and data analytics programs/initiatives.
- Implement functional and service strategy
- Understand the IA strategy and its link to Bank Strategy.
- Understand and Comply with the IA standards and methodology as defined and supported by the audit tool.
- Execute allocated operational plans in line with the IA strategy and GIA strategy.
- Create and manage component of overall project plan. Meet assigned budget and project milestones. Provide formal weekly project status updates/reporting.
- Contribute to definition and delivery of team goals and KPIs to support delivery of IA annual performance goals.
- Provide input to all committee reports as required.
- Manage relationships for allocated portfolio
- Build and foster a good relationship with business units, enabling functions, risk and compliance management stakeholders (all relevant levels of management impacted by the service) especially those working in your allocated audit portfolio – through regular communication and formal status reporting.
- Build and foster a good working relationship with internal audit teams and colleagues (all relevant service teams and management levels) to promote cross skilling and optimise cross team delivery – through regular communication.
- Understand detailed business process activities as well as activities performed in enabling functions that support these.
- Understand annual key risk concerns for the business area as well as industry and latest trends impacting risk and control practices
- Perform quality and timely issue tracking, validation and reporting of all significant findings. Provide input into write-up of material findings. Manage stakeholder extension and risk acceptance requests to completion and liaise with Senior Audit Manager regarding input and management.
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement (to accountable process owners) in the control environment of your allocated audit portfolio and other areas of the group.
- Report or share information on emerging trends and potential solutions for addressing control weaknesses, process efficiency challenges or resolving open audit issues.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Internal Auditing, Computer Science or Data engineering studies.
Post Graduate Studies in the following specialities: Auditing, Information systems, Accounting, Risk management, Data Analytics or Statistics, Finance, Business Administration.
Certification in any of the following areas: CIA, CISA, CFA, CA(SA), IODSA, CRISC, CISM, CGEIT
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.