POSITION: MIS Officer
Reporting to: IT Coordinator
LOCATION: RUBONA – RWAMAGANA, EASTERN PROVINCE
Mission Statement of Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village:
Through healing, education, and love, the Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village empowers
orphaned and vulnerable Rwandan youth to build lives of dignity and contribute to a better
Core Values: Our core values inspire all our work, focusing our staff on the best interests
of the child and helping our students to create a community dedicated to building
empowered and self-reliant lives. They are:
Commitment: Embrace the mission and go the extra-mile
Respect: Be considerate and mindful of others and the environment
Role model: Live and lead by example in a positive way
Interest of Child: Base every decision on how it impacts the child
Support: Help and encourage one another
Integrity: Always be honest with yourself and others and act accordingly
Learning Community: Seek and maximize opportunity for growth and development
The Management Information System Officer (MIS) translate data into numbers and
reports for better decisions. The data analyst shall perform data analysis, evaluates risk,
run various mathematical calculations to determine how the data might best be applied to
profit ASYV goals and objectives. Furthermore, the MIS officer monitor performance and
quality control plans to identify improvements.
Data Management and Analysis (weight 40%)
● Ensuring relevant data is being collected from all sources, monitoring data quality,
maintaining databases and tracking the progress of monitoring activities.
● Interpreting data, analysing results using statistical techniques
● Managing the cross-department database and developing it as necessary.
● Suggest and/or design easy ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data
within ASYV staff.
● Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management
systems and propose solutions along with Village management team.
● Perform regular departmental visits to ensure the quality of data collected and to
verify the accuracy of reported data.
Management Information System Officer Vacant Position
● Edit, organize and treat the collected data, track changes and patterns in indicators
in order to identify bottlenecks, to support evidence-based decision making, and to
communicate with donors/partners.
● Use different tools for data collection i.e CommCare, Academic Bridge, etc.
Management of Python class (weight 40%)
● Teaching our students Python computer programming language and Animation
framework as provided by Carnegie Mellon University (CMU);
● Working with CMU staff for improving learning Python computer language in the
Communication and Reporting (weight 20%)
● Assisting in reporting system and knowledge-sharing system of ASYV and
developing this as necessary.
● Support in sharing all information and data collected with whomever it is necessary
Perform other related duties as required by Supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
✓ Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information
Management or Statistics or related field
✓ At least 2 years proven working experience as a MIS, data analyst or similar
✓ Being an ASYV alumni
✓ Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data
mining and segmentation techniques
✓ Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects
✓ Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing
datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
✓ Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and
disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and
✓ Good level of proficiency in MS Excel and statistical software preferable STATA
✓ Strong statistical analysis skills, both quantitative and qualitative
✓ Relevant skills in database management and mobile data collection platforms,
prior experience with CommCare is a plus
✓ Able to communicate fluently in English and Kinyarwanda.
✓ Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in English and Kinyarwanda.
✓ Excellent presentation skills with a good level of proficiency in presentation
tools such as Infographics design, PowerPoint, Microsoft Sway or another
✓ Attention to details and critical thinking to be able to accurately analyses data
and come to new conclusions based on the findings
✓ Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others.
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM OFFICER VACANT POSITION
✓ Passion for education and working with vulnerable youth
✓ ASYV Fit
The post Management Information System (Mis) Officer at Agahozo Shalom Youth Village appeared first on Jobweb Rwanda.