Job Description: LPG SUPERINTENDENT
Job title: LPG SUPERINTENDENT
Reports to: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Department : OPERATIONS
Location : Gatsata HEAD OFFICE
The Kenolkobil Group is Africa’s fastest growing indigenous oil marketing conglomerate with an expansive investment portfolio spanning the entire Eastern, central and Southern parts of the African continent. The group consists of subsidiaries in eight African countries outside Kenya (Head office) including; Uganda, Rwanda, Zambia, Ethiopia and Burundi.
At Kenolkobil we recognize that our human resource is our biggest asset. We are constantly looking for talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of working in a world-class, fast-paced organization.
Kenolkobil Rwanda is looking for a competent and experienced LPG Superintendent who will be responsible for efficient and economic bulk offloading, bulk storage and handling, maintenance and operations of the LPG plant.
• Leads a multi-purpose team, drives the plant performance to ensure healthy, safe, efficient and cost effective operations in compliance with KPRL practice and standards,
• Acts as the LPG plant focal point for all interested bodies (Internal and external) and is accountable for the 24/7 safe and efficient operations and equipment at the plant,
• Champions business optimization process and apply sound practices, procedures and behaviors concerning KPRL operations,
• Ensures optimum performance and seeks improvements to create competitive advantages in terms of safety, security, and swift service,
• Maintains a constant and critical appraisal of all LPG plant activities so that the company LPG is stored, handled and distributed in line with required standards and regulations.
• Builds a culture of operational excellence within the team by providing leadership, motivation, coaching and mentoring.
• Champions embedment and implementation of HSEQ requirements at the LPG plant.
Duties and responsibilities
· LPG plant Staff Talent Management.
· Profile, Staff leave, Individual development plan
· LPG Plant Operations & Stock Management.
· Dispatch, Daily control over all stock movements, Fleet Management, LPG Bulk offloading, LPG bulk loading trucks, LPG cylinders to be controlled and monitored on a daily basis.
· Control in place for bulk receipts. Bulk trucks management and control, Product receipt process, Generation of the LPG bulk storage report (BSR,loss/gain and the monthly inventory report)
· LPG Plant Maintenance.
· Asset Management, maintain acceptable condition of overall LPG plant equipment, Strict security controls over truck seals is exercised, Accuracy of the LPG plant measuring units
· HSEQ. Process Safety,
· Incident Management, Risk Assessment, Emergency preparedness
· Security Management.
· Gates Monitoring, Security cameras Locks and Keys Controls
Qualifications, Experience, skills and competencies required:
· A degree in mechanical engineering, electromechanical engineering or related field.
· Proven Experience in LPG plant operations.
· Thorough knowledge of LPG plant operations procedures,
· Operational excellence and asset management.
· In-deep knowledge of KPRL procedures and practices.
· Attention to details.
· Good communication skills
· Business control
· People Management
· Knowledge of HSEQ systems, policies and procedures
· Knowledge of security management system for hazardous working operational units
The responsibilities of the job can be performed within the regular working hours.