Job Legal and Transaction Specialist
Organization MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE
Reports To Energy Sector Wide Approach (ESWAP) Coordinator
No. of Positions 1
• Participate in developing a legal and contractual framework suitable for investment in the Energy Sector through proper laws, standard contracts and Investment Process;
• Support the office of the Minister of State in charge of Energy and Water with respect to all transactions and legal matters;
• Assist and support the Energy Division in all legal matters,
• Assist and support the Energy division in negotiating Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) and other related contracts with the private sector for national and regional power Projects.
• Participating in Designing coherent stakeholder coordination framework and stimulating dialogue across the energy sector spectrum (Private Sector, Development Partners, Government;
• Assist in managing and monitoring large scale contracts in the Energy Sector;
• Participate in the development of the required policy with regard to Energy sector;
• Assist in development of laws related to the energy sector, i.e. development of the e the Renewable Energy Law drafting and follow up the approval adoption process
• Undertake any other tasks related to the legal matters and the energy sector as requested by the Ministry of Infrastructure
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law or LLM in Business Law would constitute an added advantage;
• At least 5 years’ experience in drafting, negotiations and management of large scale contracts;
• Experience in Energy Sector contracts would constitute an added advantage.
• Should ideally be fluent in English and French with a good command of one of the two languages.
The post Legal and Transaction Specialist at Ministry Of Infrastructure appeared first on Jobweb Rwanda.