VACANCY FOR HQ PEAT LAND OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
The HQ PEAT Ltd is a project located at Mamba Sector in Gisagara District seeks to recruit qualified Land Operations Supervisor to support his peat mining activity project located in Mamba, Gisagara District/ Southern Province of Rwanda.
1. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PEAT LAND SUPERVISOR:
- Assure that required management system are in place to protect the health and safety of workers and to regularly monitor the environmental compliance of the company
- Participate in workplace inspection and organize daily toolbox meetings
- Act in an advisory role to the line and senior management on the Site Manager
- Ensure the compliance of HSE legal and other requirements related to the area of responsibility
- Take on the right initiative to ensure the problem will be solved in a timely, cost-efficient and sustainable manner, to avoid reoccurrence
- Provide standards quality services of machine on-field operations
- To work hand in hand with field team to maximize the peat mining productivity
- Ensure adherence to safe work practices and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with safety rules and regulations of the Company
- Assist peat land operating crews when required
- Perform facility HSE inspections
- Perform any other related duties as required.
2. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION
A Diploma/Degree in agriculture or other mining-related fields
- Proven professional experience of at least 4- 5 years machine operation (field operation services)
- Ability to read and understand high tech agricultural machines
- Analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Teamwork’s spirt
- English communication skills (Speaking, reading, and writing)
- Good health and strength (medical certificate of authorized Doctor should be submitted to the Employer for selected candidates)
- Basic education with at least 3-6 years of professional experience, certificate of technical schools and University level shall be an added value.