Position: M-Commerce Marketing Executive
Posting Country: TZ
Date Posted: 31-Jul-2020
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Working with the M-Commerce Marketing Manager to deliver M-commerce revenue and customer KPIs through executing Marketing initiatives for M-Pesa consumers, Businesses, merchants and strategic partners. Work with all departments to ensure products and service delivery for new and existing customers and businesses in the M-Pesa portfolio by designing, managing and executing the right mix of the go to Market roadmap and strategy.
- Brief & manage development of communication elements/campaigns for M-Commerce campaigns, products, services, enhancements, events, partnerships and collateral.
- Oversee plans & execution of launch events and press conferences to deliver M-Commerce go to market for new products, campaigns or strategic partnerships.
Media & PR
- Design, execute, analyze and monitor media strategy and plans for various M-Pesa campaigns for ATL media, Digital media and OOH. Monitor media placements and compliance reports and track the Return on investment for all M-Pesa media executions in line with M-Pesa revenue, customer and brand KPIs.
- Manage surveys and insights for customers, market understanding for decision making.
- Keep track of all trends, innovations, events and market dynamics in the M-Commerce landscape to ensure the M-Pesa brand remains on edge.
New channels to Market
- Manage go to Market relationships with strategic partners on the payments ecosystem as well as financial services in delivering the M-Pesa roadmap.
- POS planning, Production & deployment for products and campaigns with sales teams to achieve maximum visibility for the M-Pesa brand across Merchant outlets, agent outlets as well as the general public.
Simulation & training
- Oversee quality assurance, Training and call center knowledge for new M-Commerce products and services
Cross functional executions
- Input to decisions on new propositions, product mix and services by working with business analysts and product managers to design and deliver M-Commerce systems, products and services to meet customers’ requirements.
- Work with MIS to track impact of all promotions, incentives
- Work with business development teams to design and track the performance of CVM initiatives for different products and promotions
- Work with Finance teams on end to end financial executions for M-Pesa rollouts. Purchase orders, GRNs, payments for all service providers.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years relevant experience in Marketing/Sales and account management role.
- Relevant post graduate diploma or degree, commercial focus preferred.
- Swahili & English (fluent)
- Demonstrates a good understanding of procedures and concepts through extensive experience and advises on the delivery of planning and developing full end to end projects that focus on most strategic topics, setting the future direction of the business;
- Executes administrative activities related to ExCos strategic direction and ensures execution is in collaboration with Group and local markets;
- Supports the team to deliver activities for definition and coordination of the Group annual strategy process, to include transforming strategy into actions defining and tracking progress against strategic priorities identifying and asking key questions;
- Uses communication skills to exchange ideas and information in a concise and logical way to support the delivery of identifying opportunities and threats across the industry and technology landscape;
- Maintains and supports strong relations and helps share the progress of the digital journey with key stakeholders and identifies opportunities and risks to support Group and Local Markets in the delivery of the overall programme;
- Performs other job-related duties or tasks defined by the supervisor or resulting from assigned agendas;
- Business Partnering
- Business Acumen
- Strategy and Vision
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Expert Communication
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.