VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT MFB) formerly known as SEDA is a fast growing and reputable Micro Finance Bank (MFB), has a loan book of TSHS. 24 billion and 54,000 customer base, more that 5,000 of them being small holder farmers.
VFT is seeking to employ dynamic and committed Tanzanian young men & women who have passion for people’s economic development to fill in the vacant positions detailed here below. For more information kindly visit our website: www.vftz.co.tz.
We wish to recruit a highly competent, proactive and self-driven person to fill the positions below:
HEAD OF INTERNAL AUDIT AND INVESTIGATION
- The Head of Internal Audit and Investigation functionary reports to the Board and Regional Audit Manager and Administratively to Chief Executive Officer.
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Provide technical guidance and direction in the Risk based Annual Audit Planning Process and compile draft audit plans for discussion, review and approval by the Regional Manager, VFT-MFB Leadership and the Board.
- Advice VFT-MFB Management on the formulation of risk management strategies and policies for all operations areas of the Bank with a view of ensuring that all management policies adequately mitigate the risks identified.
- Provide summaries of audit findings trends to Senior Leadership and the Board Audit Committee
- Coordinate, monitor and facilitate compliance with existing laws and regulations together with implementing a system to track the implementation of audit recommendations by VFT-MFB Management.
- Ensure effective engagement with the VFT-MFB Board Audit Committee on the performance of the Audit Function.
People Management and capacity building
- Participate in recruitment of Audit staff and ensure effective performance management for direct reports.
- Provide capacity building to VFT -MFB /Leadership and Audit team regarding the role of Internal Audit in Risk management and in the VFI Risk-based integrated audit approach from time to time.
- Guide and supervise the Audit Team in executing risk-based integrated audits
Quality Assurance & Other
- Ensure compliance to established risk management framework, inclusive of policies, procedures and controls and consequently ensure compliance with statutory BOT regulatory requirements.
- Perform quality reviews of audit assignments and provide guidance to the Auditors regarding; relevant audit standards to be observed and maintained, timely review of Binders/Audit Files before issuance of reports.
- Support management during preparation for Global Centre Audit.
- Coordinate all external audit and investigation operations.
The ideal candidate MUST have
- University graduate preferably specializing in Accounting /Finance.
- Full accounting qualifications CPA or ACCA and a member of NBAA Tanzania
- Certification in CISA/CFE/CIA is an added advantage.
- Must have prior auditing experience of at least five years in a recognized organization, preferably in a microfinance or a bank. Two of these should be at a supervisory level. Experience in financial statements reporting as per IFRSs will be an added advantage.
- Practical experience in reporting to the Board/Board Audit Committee is required.
- Computer literate in Microsoft office applications with excellent working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, T24 and loan tracking system.
- Good comprehension of Micro-finance and the internal control concepts relevant to MFI
- Good oral and written communications skills
Method of Application
interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their application letter, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV’s with three referees also indicating the expected remuneration and daytime contact to vftHRstaff@vftz.co.tz
This should reach the undersigned by 16th August 2020.
The position should be the subject of the email application.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.