Serengeti Breweries Ltd (SBL), a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Ltd (EABL) operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the 2nd largest beer company. The company is an integrated demand/supply business with 3 operational breweries in Dar Es Salaam, Mwanza, and Moshi.
SBL’s flagship brand is Serengeti Premium lager and other beer brands include Tusker Lager, Guinness Stout, Tusker Malt Lager, and Kick Lager.
Purpose Of Role
Manage packaging engineering in respect of Asset care, projects, modifications, overhauls, spare parts and safety to ensure plant and equipment availability.
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules, systems and equipment operational procedures. Embody the ‘Safety is our No.1 priority’.
- Achieve 100% conformance to Safety, Statutory, Engineering and Risk Management Standards.
- Provide input for packaging engineering AOP
- Achieve packaging engineering Key Performance Indicators driving Asset care culture
- Improve asset performance versus targets through the leadership of effective planned maintenance activities (e.g. shutdowns, overhauls) and providing technical input into packaging teams in collaboration with the packaging maintenance planner.
- Implement best engineering practices and provide input into packaging asset care management.
- Provide support for packaging overhauls to ensure that these activities are completed on time, to specifications and budget.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering Right First Time (RFT) on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformance in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to mitigate re-occurrence.
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – include draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years experience in maintenance engineering in a food or drink manufacturing environment.
- Proven first line management skills
- Computer Literate
- People management & motivational skills
- Networking/influencing /communication skills
- Able to manage complexity
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.