NRC Tanzania is looking for Procurement Assistant based at Kibondo.
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Assist in the processing of Purchasing Orders upon request by users.
- Follow up with the suppliers and service providers to time delivery and dispatch to users.
- Keep track of current procurements and update them bi-weekly procurement Tracker and forward the report to the line manager by 5th of every month.
- Update Aggresso status to reflect accurate procurement status.
- Support in the receiving of Bid/Tenders and assist in opening and processing stages.
- Uploading of supporting documents and online filing for Procurement related transactions in agresso and filing tree respectively.
- Support in the preparation RFQs, Tenders and BID analysis for complex purchases for roads constructions and buildings
- Assist in the prequalification of service providers.
- Tag all assets purchased before dispatch to users and advise the responsible person to update in the assets register.
- Receive invoices and prepare payment vouchers and submit to finance.
- Keep track of waivers.
- Assist with the provision of guidance to colleagues on procurement matters.
- Maintain an up-to-date Bid Register.
- A Bachelors degree or Higher Diploma in Procurement and or Logistics
- At least 4 years of experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description
- Experience from working as a Senior Procurement Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context dealing with Construction or Buildings
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- A good command of English and knowledge of the Local language-Kiswahili both the oral and written.
We can offer
Duty station: Kibondo
Contract period is for 5 months with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kibondo.
Application deadline: 01 September, 2020