Timely and quality assessment of proposals for credit facilities (new and/or existing) based on sound credit & financial principles with the view of providing expert opinion to the approving authorities for them make informed decisions /judgement.
- Delivery of a professional service to the business units, by assessing and evaluating credit facilities including staff loans (new and/or existing) based on sound credit & credit policy, financial principles, in view of minimizing risk to the bank.
- Observe SLA and without jeopardizing the quality of credit proposals.
- Provide direct (specialist/ professional) credit assessment to whether the credit proposal meets criteria and counterparty credit risk falls within acceptable parameters, and independently recommend appropriate credit proposal including terms or conditions where necessary to ring fence exposure.
- Evaluate information obtained to gain a thorough understanding of business parameters, which create profit/value as well as the associated risks.
- Utilize industry and market information available to identify and understand contextual threats to existing and potential clients.
- Build a smooth working relationship with business counterparty to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time.
- Share joint credit responsibility for business recommended.
- Take and/or recommend remedial /appropriate actions for deteriorating exposure identified during the review process.
- Appropriately structure a deal in line with the purpose and cash inflows.
- Adhere to agreed Turnaround Time without compromising the quality of the credit proposal / decision.
- Provide independent credit opinion.
- Manage credit policy reviews and related manuals and update where necessary.
- Detect and evaluate shifts or changes in key risk parameters in a business relationship or industry and evaluates the implications of such changes on continued business dealings.
Skills and Knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of credit analysis techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills in a Business or Credit environment
- Analytical and numerate
- Ability to appropriately structure a deal.
- Ability to defend own judgement in a manner that does not negatively affect the business relationship.
- Business understanding of various sectors i.e. Government/ Parastatals, manufacturing, wholesale, Agribusiness and Retail.
- Prior experience in MSME, Wholesale and Agribusiness will be an added advantage.
- Communications and presentation skills
- Excellent understanding of credit and associated risks.
- Knowledge of Bank Credit Products
- Excellent understanding and in-depth knowledge about the key sectors of the Tanzanian economy.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/ Economics /Finance/Business or its equivalent.
- At least 5 years Proven experience in a Credit role gained within the Bank or other banks.
- NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.