Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Supervisor –CAF Plant
Contract Type & Duration Permanent
Job Number: GGM-2020-NUG-03
Number of Positions: 01
Works For: Senior Supervisor UG
- A minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
- Ability to drive a manual transmission light vehicle in mining environment
- Mining Supervisor’s certificate / diploma
- Preferably -Diploma in Mining, Construction or Civil Engineering
- Open pit mining employees are highly encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of 3 –5 years exposure to mining or plant operations
- Strong supervisory and people skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Disciplined and process oriented.
- Knowledge of mining, crushing, and screening principles.
- Must be familiar with mining and environmental regulations as well as material specifications.
Purpose of the Role:
To coordinate activities between the Crusher, Batch and Shotcrete Plants and to supervisor and direct all activities of the Batch and Shotcrete Plants
Main or Key Accountabilities:
- Provides direct supervision over the extraction, processing, storage, and shipping of aggregates to point of use and oversee the application of the product underground.
- Plan, order and monitor inventory needs through frequent coordination with the Supply Chain team.
- Reads specification sheets for defining sizes of aggregates & proportions of cement water required for batch of concrete.
- Ensures extraction, processing, stockpiling, stock-pile reclamation and re-handling to ensure product remains within target specifications.
- Oversees concrete checks and adjustments made to recipes to ensure quality.
- Oversee the proportioning and mixing of the shotcrete mixture materials and maintaining and cleaning the mixing equipment.
- Coordinate the engagement of CAF Plant activities with underground mining activities to ensure uninterrupted production.
- Monitor and report on quality, identify variances and establish corrective action.
- Monitor costs and report deviations.
- Plan activities in line with the mining monthly forecast
- Oversee the maintain of the plant in accordance with standard guidelines for plant safety, effectiveness and cleanliness and appearance.
- Direct workers in the different sections according to the schedule, KPI’s and deliverables
- Oversee the testing & auditing to fulfill quality certificates & product compliance.
- Ensure GGM safety standards, policies & procedures are adhered to at all times
- OEM plant operation training and certification
- Working at heights training
- Confined space training
- Hazardous chemical awareness training
- Conveyor belt hazard trainin
- Positive Attitude towards work and colleagues.
- Able to speak and understand English language.
- Basic first aid knowledge
- Be able to work at minimum supervision
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be CAF Batch Plant Operator and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e-mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews. Contact Address:
Senior Human Resources Manager,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
P.O. Box 532,
NB: Applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 01 st September 2020 – 17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.